New toy. Rem aac sd 300 blkout

Sgtcarroll

Finally got my hands on one of remingtons 700 aac sd in 300 blk out.
Need some help on loads for it. I managed to get my hands on 2 boxes of smk 220 grn pills and have converted some 223 brass because sources for 300 blk brass are dried up. Any one have a few loads to get me started?
Need the loads to be subs also. Suppressor is pending batf&e.

Thanks in advance. gun)

For the subsonic, you might want to try 9.9 grains of either Winchester 296 or Hodgdon H110. Either load should get you about 1050 fps.

I saw one for the first time w/ the short threaded heavy barrel this past Friday. They're only about $700 or so. I plan on getting one for hogs.

I was doing some reading in my Hornady manual, and it said for 225 HPBT's, 9.1gr of H110.

I shoulod probably clarify:

My weapon is chambered in 300 Whisper (basically identical to the 300 AAC Blackout. The barrel has a 1-in8 twist and is 11" in length. gas block is adjustable for both supersonic and subsonic.

Keep in mind that the speed of sound is variable, depending on your altitude. When I first loaded up some to try at the range in Phx, AZ - some loads were transonic, so I still got the "crack" when it went off. Next, I loaded them just under transonic. Worked like butter - until I took it up to the mountains at 7000+ elevation. All of them gave me a "sonic boom". Be sure you load them well under the 1050 fps max if you want them silent no matter where you shoot.

BTW - the 240 gr. SMK's would barely stabilize in my 1-in-8 twist at subsonic speeds. They began to keyhole right at 25 yds. Sweet!

The one at the local store is a Rem 700 AAC-SD with like an 18" threaded heavy barrel, and has a 1:7" twist 5R rifled barrel. It's sick! I must have it! 2-4 more paychecks and I'll be able to afford it and it won't put a damper on paying my bills and stuff. Can't wait! :D

Thank you all for the replys. I currently have h110,win231 and aa no.7
On hand. Ill try a few loads with the h110.
Thanks again. And yes the lil remy is a sweet lil rifle. Hogs beware. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.