New toy

Yeah, won't expect the suppressor until Nov, Oct at best. It was purchased though. The new case is in the works because I have $300-400 on a gift card at scheels and $200 at cabelas.
Gift cards are always nice. I picked up a Pelican single not too long ago. It works well for the price. Keep us posted on how your set up shoots. I haven't been able to personally handle the Element action. This would be high on my list on my next factory rifles.

1C4F0149-CA6F-4BC7-999A-C6135B1ACC59.jpeg

Last edited:
What would have been better?
It is personal choice. I prefer the common rounds, in our volatile climate, where components etc. are in a constant state of flux. I personally prefer a common round as .300 WM or .338WM even .308 and have different configurations for different applications.

It is personal choice. I prefer the common rounds, in our volatile climate, where components etc. are in a constant state of flux. I personally prefer a common round as .300 WM or .338WM even .308 and have different configurations for different applications.
While I don't hand load now I may in the future so I understand this but brass is coming and so far haven't had too much trouble finding factory ammo. I don't shoot 100s of rounds a year but I will practice more with this rifle. For now I've got 200 rounds of 175gr and 200 180gr. We'll see how long it takes for other manufacturers to catch on and start producing it.

While I don't hand load now I may in the future so I understand this but brass is coming and so far haven't had too much trouble finding factory ammo. I don't shoot 100s of rounds a year but I will practice more with this rifle. For now I've got 200 rounds of 175gr and 200 180gr. We'll see how long it takes for other manufacturers to catch on and start producing it.
I am with you! Just my preference for calibers, I suppose I am boring. All your choices are spot on in my books.

What would have been better?

Deadly question…

Let's just say the 7PRC has elicited some strong reactions :). It's a great choice, one of the best modern choices for an all-around hunting rifle, especially if you're using factory ammo IMO. I went with 6.5 PRC and a 300 PRC for my most recent rifle purchase. Nothing wrong with the good old 7RM or 300 WM especially if you have a custom rifle built and reload to use the modern high BC cartridges.

BTW, the next thing is some instruction. I did a Maple seed course a couple of years ago and am becoming an instructor (the Canadian version of Appleseed). Great review of the fundamentals and practicing field positions for a reasonable price. I should really shoot my Rimfires more.

I did some training last year with local company last year (Sierra 64 in Edmonton, AB) who uses ex/current military and police instructors. Highly recommend them or a similar company in your area. I'm guilty of spending more time obsessing about gear and not enough time dry firing, practicing, and training with instruction. Has made a HUGE difference in my shooting.

I'm a big believer that no matter how experienced you are that training with experienced instructors will improve your shooting faster than anything.

That's great, it's very enjoyable. Get to hang out with a bunch of people interested in firearms and becoming better riflemen.

Have enjoyed the people I've met as much as the courses.

Finally made a decision based on conversations and advice here and elsewhere. View attachment 444951
Seekins Element 7mm PRC
Leupold VX6 4-24x52 tmoa
Vortex Precision Match rings
Banish 30 suppressor (bought in Jan, arrives when it gets here).

I've got 5 boxes of ELDM and 4 boxes of ELDX to shoot. Do most shooting ranges usually have chronographs so I can see what my rifles doing?
This is SWEET