New to reloading question.

You could just go to the range and setup your stuff on a bench and sit and wait for one of multicam bedazzled tactical guys that shoot 100 yds on the regular with their $5K rifles to pull up and once they get all set up just be like I cant get any kind of good groups would you mind shooting a group and see what you can do with it! Walk a safe distance away and see what happens!
Says the guy with a multicam taticool rifle as his avatar.
Sorry, but this is an idiotic post that serves nothing.

The guy in the shop also sold me a kenetic hammer, are these 100% safe if used properly ? I'm starting to think about opening all the rounds and start off with really low loads again and showing yous the pictures.
I've used a kinetic puller for years. Put a foam ear plug in it to protect bullet tips and hit it on a chunk of hardwood on the floor. I haven't had any issues with them. But I do wear protective glasses while doing it.

Kinetic puller, your better off just shooting them, than using that tool?! Get yourself a collet bullet puller, much better.
kinetic pullers work... it's a bit hard to be careful with something that works as a hammer though... put a foam earplug in the catch end so you don't flatten your bullets if you must use it... and you will find times you must use it if you ever get into lead bullet shooting; you can't put a collet on a lead bullet and pull it... it WILL slip off

The formula I use is, take the minimum number and the maximum number of the powder being used and add them up then divide that by two. 37 + 42 =79 divided 39.5 would be your starting load.. Works for me, Good luck

OK thanks I've already 50 rounds loaded at maximum figure in manual. Do you think they will be OK? The maximum was 47 grs that's what I done them at. Or should I not use them?

Really, bullet speed =\ accuracy. If you're reloading for plinking, max load likely isn't easy on the shoulder meat. Pull the bullets and load in increments until you've got a load that matches your bullet seating depth/bullet weight/bullet length/rifle twist/barrel twist. There's a thousand variables in sub-Mia loads, but getting close with powder is a good start.

Hi guys just looking some advice. I am slowly getting into reloading for my 308. Guidelines in lee reloading manual min 43 - 47 max gr . I loaded around 100 between the guidelines and think I was grouping good at 47grs. I haven't shot in awhile, I am using 165 hornady gr gmx. I have around 50 rounds loaded at the max 47 gr maximum guideline. Is this OK? Or should I have kept a little below it? I've probably been reading to much different opinions on this on the web and now I'm a bit concerned I shouldn't have loaded at the maximum figure incase its not safe.
Any help from someone with experience would be great thanks. The rifle I am using is a Remington 700 varmint.
Maybe it's a stupid question I've asked but I've limited knowledge of reloading and want to keep everything safe.
I have been reloading 308 since the 80s. I have tested many loads with many powders and bullet weights. Also in many 308 riffles. I found the 165 and the 168 grain Boat tail spear point and hollow point to be best. For powder I had to back off from max load to get good groups. The max load will give you max velocity but not necessarily good grouping. My pet load that works in practically all 308 riffles is 165 or 168 grain boat tail hollow point over 42.0 grains of IMR 4064 with a CCI # 200 large riffle primer. Gives me 2485 F.P.S.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts