New to reloading and long range hunting.

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Troy and I'm from south west Wisconsin I have 80 acres and the farthest I can shoot is 125 yards as I have hills and a hardwood stand of trees. I'm an avid bow hunter and rifle hunter. I have hunted montana, Colorado and Wyoming. Mostly for mule deer but have hunted elk. The farthest kill shot on a deer is 365 yards. I have a friend with access to 1000 yard range but he lives 3 hours away so I don't get to shoot often enough. My farthest shot hitting steel is 600 yards and what a great feeling. I want to learn as much as I can to become a better shot and to teach my young son. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee I'm glad you found it and you're definitely in the right spot to achieve your goals

Welcome to the Forum, a lot of good info is shared, debated and all in the good of things here - a great site.
Central Wisconsin as well here, I do shoot some and some crazy distance stuff a few may know.

There are some places that will stretch out farther then what you could imagine possible. One of the best opportunities is a few miles from Tomah where I90 and I94 meet. He does classes, one on one training and is flexible time wise.

Iamosoh
JHeeg

And construction materials are going thru the roof.....build faster!!!!!
Well I've already paid that huge mark up my lumber package went from 9000 to 18,000 the roof metal went up about 30% but thankfully now I just have to pay for overpriced light fixtures plumbing fixtures etc. I have almost completed the drywall so hopefully the worst is behind me

Well I've already paid that huge mark up my lumber package went from 9000 to 18,000 the roof metal went up about 30% but thankfully now I just have to pay for overpriced light fixtures plumbing fixtures etc. I have almost completed the drywall so hopefully the worst is behind me
Hope and Fairy Dust are in Huge demand right now! So for your sake...i hope so! ( But sorry Bro...I'm out of Fairy Dust)

Welcome from the North West!
This is a great place to learn, like I've said before, the friends here with the wisdom are eager to share! I'm working on a write up from what I've learned here, thought I was ready. But nooooooo, Butter Bean had to go and post an article on "Why I crimp"
and there I go, have to add that into the mix
and he is right! (Not that I doubted you).
So a little more testing with that and hope to write up a THANK YOU to all I've learned form here.
Again welcome and buckle up! Lots to learn and entertaining too!

Welcome from the North West!
This is a great place to learn, like I've said before, the friends here with the wisdom are eager to share! I'm working on a write up from what I've learned here, thought I was ready. But nooooooo, Butter Bean had to go and post an article on "Why I crimp"
and there I go, have to add that into the mix
and he is right! (Not that I doubted you).
So a little more testing with that and hope to write up a THANK YOU to all I've learned form here.
Again welcome and buckle up! Lots to learn and entertaining too!
Don't doubt the "BEAN" Brother!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.