New to reloading and long range hunting.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice right out of the gate. Like the h4831& IMR 4831 and cross reference from different manuals. I'm excited about reloading I have a tikka 30-06 for my son setting in the safe when he's big enough and a 243 bergara for him to start out with. From what I've been reading 4064 works well in both. Problem is I can't find it and it's almost impossible to find primers.

My scopes I have are all leupold I have a 4.5-14x50 vx3 with cds on my 300wby and 4-12x40 vx-r with cds on the others. I have a 3-9 zeiss for my son's 30-06& 4-12 nikon with bdc for the 243. I forgot about the 6.5-20 lrp leupold in the safe. That is what I can afford and hunt with. Hopefully I can make them work for longer range than my 125 yards I can see in my land.

Hi from central iowa. Stay in touch here , we go to dubuque every weekend in the summer. You will learn so much on here. Like trying to catch a drink from a firehose. There's some extremely smart and funny fellows and ladies on here

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice right out of the gate. Like the h4831& IMR 4831 and cross reference from different manuals. I'm excited about reloading I have a tikka 30-06 for my son setting in the safe when he's big enough and a 243 bergara for him to start out with. From what I've been reading 4064 works well in both. Problem is I can't find it and it's almost impossible to find primers.
Another good powder for both is H4350

Howdy and glad you're here. This is the place to learn a ton about everything shooting. My wife is from Madison I met her at my grandmas house in twin lakes. I graduated from Stevens Point. Can't say I remember anywhere in Wisconsin you could shoot long range tho when we lived in Mequon next to the lake you could shoot towards Michigan. Shooting on a beach is I think one of the fastest ways to get good with pistol or rifle. Some open pasture dairy farms might let u hunt groundhogs that complicate haying. Stop and ask.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.