New "to me" made in Montana monolithic bullets ...

I have seen them one the shelf a few years ago. Never realized they were a hunting bullet. If they are in stock they maybe worth trying nowadays. Cool to see a .310 offering.

I still know a few OLDER than me shooters that I cannot convince to try the Hammer bullets and when I told them about the absolute hammers they really thought I was crazy as hell I did take a 243 win shooting 69 absolute hammers to one of their ranges and they were impressed at the near 3800 fps and the accuracy but still will not try them kinda blows my mind but it is what it is
Inherent bias. Just like my gunsmith who has absolute hatred toward monos (only good use is 50BMG he said). I have to question my choice of associates in my $ spending hobbies at times. He better fix my chamber correctly, lol....

First. in this environment of reloading components being more scarce than hair on my head, and trust me , that is really scarce, I welcome any company that introduces a new component whether bullet, powder, brass, primer, tools etc. Why wouldn't we? Years ago when Barnes was newbie, a lot of folks said a copper bullet is "too light" 😂 and will never replace lead. We know how that played out. I would most definitely try a cupped base bullet just to verify for my own needs if I now have another potential supplier of a much needed component. Deming has been quoted but I prefer the mantra from working for two global companies for close to 40 years: Speak with Data. Simple, does it shoot in my rifle? I have data then for me to decide if the bullet performs to the level I need not someone else's opinion. I will look at their comments but I trust but verify approach has worked for me.

We talk about price of bullets? Are you kidding me on a LRH forum? You spend 4 figures on optics, custom barrels, custom stocks, annealer, electronics, that are more pricey than my computer and the one component that is where rubber meets the road performance is going to be cost conscious? Its like having a $70K 4x4 to take the trash to the curb. You say you like to shoot a lot and bullet cost is big issue and next breath protecting round count on barrel? I just do not get this premise at all on cost of bullets. This is a sport that if you invest $$$$ into a custom rig, the one place to skimp is not on a bullet that can determine if you make an accurate hit with acceptable terminal performance.

I shoot several different mono's including Barnes, Cutting Edge, love Sierra's for certain things, Nolser AB's&BT's will always have a home, even Hornady has some applications for me so I am very open minded on testing if a bullet will work for me. I will not look at someone's test data and say "No need to use them"! I prefer my own testing and needs to determine if any component will work for me.

First. in this environment of reloading components being more scarce than hair on my head, and trust me , that is really scarce, I welcome any company that introduces a new component whether bullet, powder, brass, primer, tools etc. Why wouldn't we? Years ago when Barnes was newbie, a lot of folks said a copper bullet is "too light" 😂 and will never replace lead. We know how that played out. I would most definitely try a cupped base bullet just to verify for my own needs if I now have another potential supplier of a much needed component. Deming has been quoted but I prefer the mantra from working for two global companies for close to 40 years: Speak with Data. Simple, does it shoot in my rifle? I have data then for me to decide if the bullet performs to the level I need not someone else's opinion. I will look at their comments but I trust but verify approach has worked for me.

We talk about price of bullets? Are you kidding me on a LRH forum? You spend 4 figures on optics, custom barrels, custom stocks, annealer, electronics, that are more pricey than my computer and the one component that is where rubber meets the road performance is going to be cost conscious? Its like having a $70K 4x4 to take the trash to the curb. You say you like to shoot a lot and bullet cost is big issue and next breath protecting round count on barrel? I just do not get this premise at all on cost of bullets. This is a sport that if you invest $$$$ into a custom rig, the one place to skimp is not on a bullet that can determine if you make an accurate hit with acceptable terminal performance.

I shoot several different mono's including Barnes, Cutting Edge, love Sierra's for certain things, Nolser AB's&BT's will always have a home, even Hornady has some applications for me so I am very open minded on testing if a bullet will work for me. I will not look at someone's test data and say "No need to use them"! I prefer my own testing and needs to determine if any component will work for me.
Dang, Bro-peep! You nailed it! Very nice response!

I recall I guy on pointing out how much we spend on our guns but are so hesitant to spend money on good reloading equipment, I was one of those guys, had the cheapest stuff and thought it's just as good as anything else, well after reading that post and thinking I got more into one gun than all my reloading stuff put together I decided to get better stuff and I am very happy I did, making better rounds than I ever did and why not try this bullet and see what happens, not that big of an investment.

I shoot a minimum of 800 rounds of center fire every year(6mm creed, 6.5 creed,7mm rem mag). Each year that number grows. Especially in my competition rifle. Let's just say I was to only shoot hammers at $1.25 a bullet. My normal bullet of choice is a Eld or a berger. Average of around 40 cents a piece. (At least of all the current bullets I have on hand) In just one year, the price difference is 680 dollars. In 2 years I can pay for a brand new chassis with that money I saved. Or I can use that same money to buy more components so I can shoot more. I dont know about everyone else but I just can't afford to shoot a bullet that costs 1.25 a piece that much. Shooting any less takes away from my ability to being a better shooter. If your a guy that only shoots a 100-200 a year, or you've got money coming out your ears, then go for it.

Very well said Muddy! Guess what they say about brain growth replacing hair loss must be true!

I shoot a minimum of 800 rounds of center fire every year(6mm creed, 6.5 creed,7mm rem mag). Each year that number grows. Especially in my competition rifle. Let's just say I was to only shoot hammers at $1.25 a bullet. My normal bullet of choice is a Eld or a berger. Average of around 40 cents a piece. (At least of all the current bullets I have on hand) In just one year, the price difference is 680 dollars. In 2 years I can pay for a brand new chassis with that money I saved. Or I can use that same money to buy more components so I can shoot more. I dont know about everyone else but I just can't afford to shoot a bullet that costs 1.25 a piece that much. Shooting any less takes away from my ability to being a better shooter. If your a guy that only shoots a 100-200 a year, or you've got money coming out your ears, then go for it.
The Hammer and other monos are A hunting bullet not a target or competition bullet and I would not ever intend on shooting them that way and I dont think anyone else would either for the reasons you stated as well as several others

Do you shoot 800 rounds a year hunting ? If not your comment is irrelevant