New "to me" made in Montana monolithic bullets ...

I couldn't get the CBB bullets to shoot to my standards. If I pushed them over 2650 in a Creedmoor groups went to 1.5-3". .75" at 2650 is as good as I could get in two rifles.

I couldn't get the CBB bullets to shoot to my standards. If I pushed them over 2650 in a Creedmoor groups went to 1.5-3". .75" at 2650 is as good as I could get in two rifles.
@jsthntn247 just for a point of reference what does your rifle like, what is the best shooting load in the rifle? bullet and mv?

@jsthntn247 just for a point of reference what does your rifle like, what is the best shooting load in the rifle? bullet and mv?
It shoots a 156 Hybrid at 2780 with Re 26 literally bencrest accurate. POA never moved for the OCW test. Just tried the 123 hammers with H4895 and took 14 shots to get a 3/8 moa load at 3030 FPS. Not as consistent overall as the 156 but had terrible luck with on game performance with the 156's this year….so got to try something else no matter how accurate.

It shoots a 156 Hybrid at 2780 with Re 26 literally bencrest accurate. POA never moved for the OCW test. Just tried the 123 hammers with H4895 and took 14 shots to get a 3/8 moa load at 3030 FPS. Not as consistent overall as the 156 but had terrible luck with on game performance with the 156's this year….so got to try something else no matter how accurate.
Did you ever resolve why you were having terrible luck with the 156's? Recover any of the bullets?

Did you ever resolve why you were having terrible luck with the 156's? Recover any of the bullets?
I shot a few does and had to blood trail them up to 600 yards. All shots were in the boiler room, some through the back of the front shoulder on one side and exiting out the same area on the other and the deer running 300 yards with minimal blood. I drilled the tips out to .050 after the second one running 300 yards. This did not help. The last one I shot was at 233 yards quartering to, bullet entered center of the shoulder on the left side and exited just behind the shoulder on the right side. Tracked the deer for 3 hrs, had to get a dog the next morning. In my experience the 156 has too thick of a jacket for Creedmoor velocities…sucks because it's boring accurate out to 1k on targets.

I shot a few does and had to blood trail them up to 600 yards. All shots were in the boiler room, some through the back of the front shoulder on one side and exiting out the same area on the other and the deer running 300 yards with minimal blood. I drilled the tips out to .050 after the second one running 300 yards. This did not help. The last one I shot was at 233 yards quartering to, bullet entered center of the shoulder on the left side and exited just behind the shoulder on the right side. Tracked the deer for 3 hrs, had to get a dog the next morning. In my experience the 156 has too thick of a jacket for Creedmoor velocities…sucks because it's boring accurate out to 1k on targets.
Did you recover any of the non expanded bullets or were they all just penciled through?

Recent Posts