Texas made monolithic bullets ...

That say a lot right there.
Take the 6.5 need more. I know guys (and on forums) that if you don't have a 6.5 nm, you don't have a rifle worth having.
If I wanted a 6.5 it would be in 264
But I am thinking of a 260 for my wife.
I've mentioned before that I never bought into the 6.5 hype until doing some research back to the early/mid 1900's and how effective the 6.5's of that era were.

I then bought a .260 and shot it exclusively for a year on game.

The Swede, "Needmore" and .260 are pretty much ballistic equals. There's a huge advantage though in ammo and brass availabity for the CM over the others though due to it's popularity.

The .264 stood alone for high velocity 6.5's on the major commercial market for decades suffering only from slow twist barrels made for 120gr ammo and the metallurgy of the era earing it a "barrel burner" reputation.

The 7mm RM then came along and left it in the dust.

The .264 is still a great choice for just about any four legged critter in North America safe perhaps the Grizzly and Kodiac but even they have been taken successfully with it and other 6.5's like the Swede.

Fortunately I bought up enough .260 Lapua and Nosler Brass that I'll likely not live long enough to run out.

The wisest choices today though in 6.5's are probably the 6.5CM and 6.5PRC because of mild recoil and endless availability of components. They both have enough popularity and factory support to have real staying power in the market.

Definitely a Ford and definitely a M70 CRF for me, and WBY MKV. S&W revolvers because I could afford them and and SIG pistols because my life depends on them....but like you said...personal choices....beauty is...we have the freedom to choose
My Sig 1911's are Among my "Sunday Go to Town" and "Gotta dress up and look professional tonight" carry guns.

They are too danged pretty for daily carry doing blue collar things, for that I rely on my XD's and XDM's.

XD-E 9mm, da/SA hammer drop for low risk
Sig 226 40s&w for medium risk
FNP 45 fir high risk
All SA/DA hammer drop

It is inevitable that at some point all lead will be banned from use on Public Lands.

As for pricing us out, the anti gun and anti hunting crowds have been working on ways to price us out of the shooting sports for decades.

We can adapt or die but we aren't going to change what is coming.
This seems true. Makes me want to get into casting my own lead bullets in anticipation of the day when I can't buy them if I want. Then maybe one of those swage (spelled right?) tools to roll your own jacketed bullets. Then maybe a lathe one day if i have money and room for one to turn my own monolithic bullets…oh wait!!!

This seems true. Makes me want to get into casting my own lead bullets in anticipation of the day when I can't buy them if I want. Then maybe one of those swage (spelled right?) tools to roll your own jacketed bullets. Then maybe a lathe one day if i have money and room for one to turn my own monolithic bullets…oh wait!!!
I'll just move down the road from you! That way I'll be supplied!

Definitely a Ford and definitely a M70 CRF for me, and WBY MKV. S&W revolvers because I could afford them and and SIG pistols because my life depends on them....but like you said...personal choices....beauty is...we have the freedom to choose
Well I won't give up hope on you yet. If you are able to pick the best truck then I have hope someday you will be able to enjoy the finest bullets. Lol
My dad gave me great advice in HS when everyone was ford or Chevy. I asked why do you drive fords. I guess you are a true Ford guy. Keep in mind if he can't hit it with a hammer he doesn't know much about it.
He said I drive them cause they work. Followed by " the first one that won't go 300k with regular maintenance I'll switch at that moment. He's very rough on trucks but either has the best luck or maintenance plays a big roll. He looks at them as tools to be used for work. Why change if it work for you. Unless someone else will cover the tab

That is an extremely tricky and expensive business.

It's not real difficult to punch out a lead core jacketed bullet, but it takes some serious specialized equipment, training, and experience to produce accurate cup and core bullets.

You'd probably spend at least five to ten years buying equipment and learning the process from bottom to top for questionable results.

That kind of time and money I think will go a lot further in finding mono's you can shoot well and that will perform reliably on game.

We had one of the most famous custom bullet makers in the world here in Seymour for many years and it took Bob probably 40 years and more than a million dollars to start consistently producing the kind of custom bullets people were willing to buy in numbers large enough to make it a viable business.

Well I won't give up hope on you yet. If you are able to pick the best truck then I have hope someday you will be able to enjoy the finest bullets. Lol
My dad gave me great advice in HS when everyone was ford or Chevy. I asked why do you drive fords. I guess you are a true Ford guy. Keep in mind if he can't hit it with a hammer he doesn't know much about it.
He said I drive them cause they work. Followed by " the first one that won't go 300k with regular maintenance I'll switch at that moment. He's very rough on trucks but either has the best luck or maintenance plays a big roll. He looks at them as tools to be used for work. Why change if it work for you. Unless someone else will cover the tab
When asked why I drive Fords and Toyotas the answer is simple, "Because they've always gotten me home".