New "to me" made in Montana monolithic bullets ...

:mad:MG! Why does it always turn into a ****ing contest unnecessarily?

Bang your head.gif

W.E. Demming is attributed to have said "In God we trust. All others must bring data". However, having spend 25 years in gathering and analyzing data, I know there can be bias in every step.

I also learned one other lesson. I don't have to perform an experiment my self in order to benefit from the outcome. I can learn from other's and it is a whole lot cheaper. Example in hand, this forum. I learn something everyday without performing any experiments.

What I am trying to say is we have choices. We can accept, question, perform our own, or ignore!

Great to have choices! Much better than the alternative!!!

Have a Great Sunday all...and if anyone needs company on a hunt...I am available....just can't carry too much, but can walk all day....
100%.

And all over a little piece of copper, hell I would not argue over a $20 bill now principle is a different story. And its hard to have an opinion about a product you have never tried.

Do you shoot 800 rounds a year hunting ? If not your comment is irrelevant
That wasn't the point of my comment. The comment was made on people complaining about price of bullets. I was simply illustrating why people wouldnt shoot an expensive bullet. And also, my comment is 100% relevant. I practice to make myself a better shooter. I enjoy the challenge, and I owe it to the game Im shooting at. Are you saying practice is irrelevant?

I shoot a minimum of 800 rounds of center fire every year(6mm creed, 6.5 creed,7mm rem mag). Each year that number grows. Especially in my competition rifle. Let's just say I was to only shoot hammers at $1.25 a bullet. My normal bullet of choice is a Eld or a berger. Average of around 40 cents a piece. (At least of all the current bullets I have on hand) In just one year, the price difference is 680 dollars. In 2 years I can pay for a brand new chassis with that money I saved. Or I can use that same money to buy more components so I can shoot more. I dont know about everyone else but I just can't afford to shoot a bullet that costs 1.25 a piece that much. Shooting any less takes away from my ability to being a better shooter. If your a guy that only shoots a 100-200 a year, or you've got money coming out your ears, then go for it.
No reason to shoot one bullet for everything.

Overall, Bergers are very accurate. Some of us use 'em for hunting because the ones used have a history of effective terminal performance. Some Sierra, Nosler and other mfr's bullets have proved they possess a combination of desirable qualities appropriate for competition, hunting, both or even just plinking. Those qualities include accuracy, terminal performance AND cost; maybe other factors - today including availability, load data and possibly other factors important to particular shooters.

If a given poster is mainly a hunter they may shoot a few hundred bullets a year (or less) while spending thousands of dollars on hunting (travel, guides, license / points, leases, taxidermist, etc.). For them, $1 or more / bullet fired is insignificant.

For you, not so much. And that's perfectly OK as you're doing what works for you and nobody is making you choose otherwise. We have a bewildering array of options in toothpaste, bullets, firearms, vehicles, breakfast cereal and many other things. Beats the heck out of pre-breakup USSR.

I'm glad of it for all of us. My only peeve is that Murphy seems at work: Soon as I find a product I really like and would buy forever, the Universe laughs and it's discontinued.

I know I'm not alone in this. ;~(

No reason to shoot one bullet for everything.

Overall, Bergers are very accurate. Some of us use 'em for hunting because the ones used have a history of effective terminal performance. Some Sierra, Nosler and other mfr's bullets have proved they possess a combination of desirable qualities appropriate for competition, hunting, both or even just plinking. Those qualities include accuracy, terminal performance AND cost; maybe other factors - today including availability, load data and possibly other factors important to particular shooters.

If a given poster is mainly a hunter they may shoot a few hundred bullets a year (or less) while spending thousands of dollars on hunting (travel, guides, license / draws, taxidermist, etc.). For them, $1 or more / bullet fired is insignificant.

For you, not so much. And that's perfectly OK as you're doing what works for you and nobody is making you choose otherwise. We have a bewildering array of options in toothpaste, bullets, firearms, vehicles, breakfast cereal and many other things. Beats the heck out of pre-breakup USSR.

I'm glad of it for all of us. My only peeve is that Murphy seems at work: Soon as I find a product I really like and would buy forever, the Universe laughs and it's discontinued.

I know I'm not alone in this....
I understand that. I wasn't saying that wasnt true. I was simply saying there are other people out in the world that shoot more than a box of shells a year.