New "to me" made in Montana monolithic bullets ...

Absolutely and I freely admit my limitations. I used to compete in interscholastic slide rule math and the tech and math have completely outrun me. If I'd stayed in it for the last forty years I'd probably still be on top of things but I had a life to live that didn't include it.
I have one of those...don't know how to use it....worked with another angineer....he was as fast on that as some people were on their HP's

Last edited:
I have one of those...don't know how to use it....worked with another angineer....he was as fast one that as some people were on their JP's
It's funny when you see the look on kids today showing them a slide rule, stack of notebook paper, and a cup full of number two yellow pencils.

They'll say "What's that" and I'll say, "That's how we got to the moon".

It helps my dad's first degree was a Triple BS from MIT in Math, Physics, and Chemistry. He also commanded our only nuclear capable artillery unit in Germany in the late fifties through 64.

Growing up in Eastern NM/W Tx and having my Grandad's family deeply involved in the entire NM school and university systems and dad having worked with Von Braun at Alamogordo during summers while going to NMMI we had lots of very interesting "guests" and some wild table top conversations about physics and engineering.

Too bad it didn't rub off but I learned a whole lot from it.

It's funny when you see the look on kids today showing them a slide rule, stack of notebook paper, and a cup full of number two yellow pencils.

They'll say "What's that" and I'll say, "That's how we got to the moon".

It helps my dad's first degree was a Triple BS from MIT in Math, Physics, and Chemistry. He also commanded our only nuclear capable artillery unit in Germany in the late fifties through 64.

Growing up in Eastern NM/W Tx and having my Grandad's family deeply involved in the entire NM school and university systems and dad having worked with Von Braun at Alamogordo during summers while going to NMMI we had lots of very interesting "guests" and some wild table top conversations about physics and engineering.

Too bad it didn't rub off but I learned a whole lot from it.
I grew up in what was at the time a third world country, so instead of the slide rule, we had all that in tables, log, antilog, trig. etc.

Absolutely and I freely admit my limitations. I used to compete in interscholastic slide rule math and the tech and math have completely outrun me. If I'd stayed in it for the last forty years I'd probably still be on top of things but I had a life to live that didn't include it.
Sounds familar, late 60s when I was in school in Asia, the Chinese kicked butts in slide rule math and physics competitions. I still have my K&E sword.

One thing for sure, it generates a lot of discussion. I just need someone with the math skills and technology to experiment with these and show us some good data on why they are either an improvement for LR shooting, a negative, or just a nifty gimmick that will allow us to shove a few more grains into a case.
That's fair enough. They have been a sleeper/silent company in my backyard, and that intrigues me to try.

I had a boss, real good engineer, one of the things she taught me, "I don't have to perform the experiment to learn from it", I can just learned from others....I applies most of the times
In the early 1980s, I used to work for a prototype electromagnetic engineering firm. Most of the time, I work with a practical engineer and a theoretical engineer. I learned a lot from them, but the best part is proving/disproving their theories/expected results.😇

I don't see how having the weight forward would create any kind of stability issue other than improving it. Think arrows and spears - I know they are slower, but still a forward moving projectile. Weight forward is what makes these projectiles stable. A football does not have weight forward, so it needs more rotation to stabilize. An arrow has some roatation to improve stability, however a spear with sufficient weight forward needs no rotation to fly true. So while it may or may not cause other issues, I would think stability would improve?

I don't see how having the weight forward would create any kind of stability issue other than improving it. Think arrows and spears - I know they are slower, but still a forward moving projectile. Weight forward is what makes these projectiles stable. A football does not have weight forward, so it needs more rotation to stabilize. An arrow has some roatation to improve stability, however a spear with sufficient weight forward needs no rotation to fly true. So while it may or may not cause other issues, I would think stability would improve?
Please someone correct me, but I thought arrows and spears are balanced....archers, chime in

Please someone correct me, but I thought arrows and spears are balanced....archers, chime in
You want front of center. Spears do better with a higher percentage of FOC weight, due to less speed and rotation.