New "to me" made in Montana monolithic bullets ...

tell you the truth... I'd like to see same bullet as a "NCB" (No Cavity Back) and see what it will weigh, (190 gr ? -200 gr ?)

the incisions on the nose of the bullet intrigue me much more than the hole in the back, I can imagine a 200 gr bullet with this profile and 3 incisions opening up like a sawblade & plowing through big game at 3200 fps ...
Same here. Plug the hole in the back end and I could be interested.

That cavity to me throwing the center of balance forward so much really concerns me for down range stability and penetration compared to equal length bullets.

The incessant posts of Maker bullets makes me not want to buy them.
Incessant? Have you missed all the posts and threads relative to Berger's?

For a few years here I felt like an Apostate for not jumping on the Berger train.

1643143900718.png

I prefer the Peregrines and Barnes bullets but that's just me. There's also a new kid on the block I'm fixing to start a thread on.
I've not tried the Peregrine bullets. I've shot Barnes for years but didn't have high horsepower cartridges to drive them fast and was disappoint in the blood trails with them.

I've killed a ton of animals with them but I had to work to find them if they didn't drop.

I actually don't mind contention and some quarrel when it comes to discussing anything firearms related or just about anything in general, makes for lively and entertaining conversations

If nobody argued about anything and all women looked like Rosie 0' ?

I'd want to get offa this rock .. STAT

I've not tried the Peregrine bullets. I've shot Barnes for years but didn't have high horsepower cartridges to drive them fast and was disappoint in the blood trails with them.

I've killed a ton of animals with them but I had to work to find them if they didn't drop.
I've had a similar issue with the Barnes with a lack of Expansion. Hit a really big buck several years ago running straight away with the .375 and even though it ran the full length of the body entering just below the pelvis and exiting his chest he didn't crater for nearly 200 yards. This was a buck already wounded by someone else so he wasn't at his best either.

Even with all that the exit wasn't much bigger than a quarter.

The flip side of that is that they will survive extremely high velocity impacts which is why we shot them so much in the .17Rem and 220 Swift when hunting for hides without ruining the hides. On the plains our shots were usually long and on running critters so picking the perfect POI just wasn't a possibility. When saving hides with the least possible damage is the priority that's a big consideration.

Same here. Plug the hole in the back end and I could be interested.

That cavity to me throwing the center of balance forward so much really concerns me for down range stability and penetration compared to equal length bullets.
what if I fill the cavity with molten alloy I use to cast my 550 gr hardcast bullets for my 500 S&W Mag ?

I applaud every company that brings a new product to the market! I applaud all you guys that try them out and share your experiences. Very often we learn from the experiences of others. My only comment is, if one member starts a thread on product "X", lets keep comments on that product. If another member wants to talk about product "Y", please start a new thread!
I am looking Forward to hearing about your experiences and seeing the results!
Rock on....or in this case........SEND IT!