New "to me" made in Montana monolithic bullets ...

You responded and agreed on a quote that was a response to my post. If you have read all the posts pertaining to it, you will understand why.

If you want an explanation, why not go directly to CBB? I am sure CBB will be more than happy to answer your question, just like your claim with Hammer.
Yes I did read all those nothing I posted changes the fact that I believe it sounds like crap. I read what they ha e and I'm referring to all the things it's claims except the extra room it creates that makes sense. But much like motor additive that claim to never need oil again I think it sounds like marketing.
Still not sure what your trying to prove. That someone can not be skeptical about claims without ever trying them? Or that they can't see some not all of the claims to actually be true?
I clearly stated that I agreed that some time f it sounds like crap that my opinion and maybe it's because my background and education is in marketing or maybe it's because it cuts against what I know to be true. But I also stated lots of things change my mind and I'm open to it. You keep responding like I haven't stated that or that you are somehow gonna convince me to not be skeptical.
I think you may be reading my take o. These bullets wrong. I'm skeptical that's it no more no less and will be trying them for exactly what I think they will help with and that's more capacity in certain gas guns.

I recall I guy on pointing out how much we spend on our guns but are so hesitant to spend money on good reloading equipment, I was one of those guys, had the cheapest stuff and thought it's just as good as anything else, well after reading that post and thinking I got more into one gun than all my reloading stuff put together I decided to get better stuff and I am very happy I did, making better rounds than I ever did and why not try this bullet and see what happens, not that big of an investment.
You don't save a lot of money loading your own, or didn't till the recent price insanity hit the ammo market but you do over time if you're dedicated become a much better educated, confident, and accurate shooter as long as you're willing to keep learning.

I have a friend I dearly love who started reloading in the mid seventies and hasn't learned a thing since convinced everything worth knowing was published by 1980. Folks like that ya just gotta leave be, the rest of us will keep learning.

Agree, I know I don't save money. It cost me much more but I live to do it. Let's me tinker and I have more pride in my harvest and makes me feel good about it.
Seems I to know people who have loaded since I can remember that still don't know how to do a proper charge ladder to find pressure. They think book max is safe in all rilfes.

You don't save a lot of money loading your own, or didn't till the recent price insanity hit the ammo market but you do over time if you're dedicated become a much better educated, confident, and accurate shooter as long as you're willing to keep learning.

I have a friend I dearly love who started reloading in the mid seventies and hasn't learned a thing since convinced everything worth knowing was published by 1980. Folks like that ya just gotta leave be, the rest of us will keep learning.
Yes some people you just can't get through too, I always felt like I was saving a lot, 44 magnum bullets were 50.00 a box of 50 before all this, but really they were only slightly more than 45acp to make, I figured it out and it was, I say was only costing me 7 bucks to make 50, because it was the dirty harry 44 magnum they always charged a lot. Then consider your gas and time going to get them, I remember before I started reloading running out of 9mm bullets for a new gun I bought, took an hour to go to dicks and buy more, then shot them all up and went back again. Then there's the biggest plus, you can find what powder, length and seating it likes. I went to Cabela's couple days ago and they were selling 9mm bullets for around 34.00 for 50 so now reloading is definitely much cheaper but youre right for a lot of rounds you weren't saving much a few years ago if you just bought a lot when you went out. I think for rifles especially you're not going to see it's full potential unless you reload, you might get lucky and find one that shoots everything well but I have never gotten that lucky.

Not necessarily. A shaped charge is simply that, one shaped that generally has a bullet shaped cavity in the side you put towards what you want to blow up.

Small shape charges are used in things like armor piercing rounds to create a jet of molten copper or other metal to burn through the armor at near insane speeds.

Same type of charge, different purposes.

We used to use some large cratering charges that would do more damage to an asphalt or concrete runway, bridge etc than a WWII 500lbs bomb and weighted less than 1/10th ad much.
You are correct, when I was reading the post, my mond went to the "Bazooka" and "RPG" type. but you can have shaped charges without the metal liner.
In any case, the cavity back in the bullet has nothing to do with a shaped charge in my mind

Last edited:
Has anybody out there ever herd of Dallas reloads in Carrollton right of side Dallas I had ordered some of his so call ammo and have not received them yet I thinking it might be a scammer

I don't believe he is a scammer. If it's the same Dallas reloads I'm thinking if he has sent zen archery some creedmore ammo to try once. I do remember when I talked to him he had a very long wait which is why I decided to go somewhere else.
Try superior ammo in sc guy was easy to work with and has loaded some hammers for people I know. Very decent price also.

Tiy are correct, when I was reading the post, my mond went to the "Bazooka" and "RPG" type. but you can have shaped charges without the metal liner.
In any case, the cavity back in the bullet has nothing to do with a shaped charge in my mind
Explosively formed penetrator (EFP) The copper slug is inverted with the cavity facing the target. (Like a triangle) When the explosives behind the slug detonate, the slug becomes molten and turns inside out forming an elongated flying piece of lava. These will punch through even Abram tank armor. They were the terror of the roadways in Iraq.

Hmm the Cavity Back MKZ 125 grain 300BO with min expansion speed of 1100 fps and epansion diameter of 0.800" is pretty impressive. Might have to think of killing power more like a bow. I'm sure pigs must have seen this in field use.

Recent Posts