New to custom Rifles/Elk Hunting/First Build

welcome from Rockland county NY am south of the TZ bridge on west side of Hudson river.

Have built many a custom- a great trigger is the way to go often missed by many when building that custom and say I'll get it changed out later..sometimes never happens.

Wait, what? What happened to them?
This was on their site in May before it went completely away.

1699556595658.png

Not bad news, actually. Friends don't let Friends buy Jewel Triggers. Trigger Tech Diamond all the way.....

Bix N Andy if you need to mess around.
I've been shooting Jewell triggers in my hunting rifles for 20 years without failure. Like many things, the internet tends to make mountains out of mole hills.
I do have some trigger techs and I'm not sad about them either.

Any time a gun related manufacturer goes away that's been a major influencer it's bad news.

Been lurking here for a long time, doing research and gathering info. I have my first elk hunt next year and I am also finally able to do a build I have wanted to do for a long time. Hoping to also do long range target shooting as well. I originally was going to build a 300 wsm but then the 7mm prc came out and I was sold. I currently have on order a Kelbly Nanook action with a prefit 22" Preferred Barrel Blanks CF Barrel in Heavy Palma. I also ordered a MBM TI Beast CF II 4 port 2 piece break.

Where I am having issues is the stock, bottom metal and trigger. I am leaning towards the AG Alpine even though I really wanted the Manners PH1 but their lead-times and inconsistency in that regards worry me. I want to be able to break in barrel, develop loads and practice quite a bit before I leave.

Bottom metal probably going with Hawkins Precision and I am leaning towards Trigger Tech Special.

I know it's alot but any opinions, thoughts, questions, etc are appreciated. Pretty long first post I know.
Any stock you want can usually be found in stock at a dealer or rifle builder's website if you look around or watch the classifieds here. As far as the 7mm, the guys on here that shoot a lot of elk like 30 cal and bigger. I've never shot an elk, but when I was in Africa shooting kudu and oryx, the 7mm rem mag that I rented over there seemed to be less than what I wanted and I wished that I had more gun. My shots were only 200-250 meters and were shot on. Them big animals soaked up 175 grn bullets pretty good with solid hits. Take that for what it's worth to you, but when I go back for eland and waterbuck in 2025, I'll be bringing at least a 300 win mag.

Not bad news, actually. Friends don't let Friends buy Jewel Triggers. Trigger Tech Diamond all the way.....

Bix N Andy if you need to mess around.
I don't like it when anyone looses their ability to keep their business afloat. I used many of them without fail. Met the originator (Arnold) many years ago at a BR competition and he was a funny dude.

Manners lead times can be an issue but you can watch there website in the ready to ship page and if you get luck you might find one. I have picked up several stocks on the ready to ship page while I was waiting for stock orders to be completed. You can also check out some of the dealers to see if they have anything available.
I really like the AG Composite stocks, I just finished up a build with an AG Carbon K2 and I love it.
You can't go wrong with TriggerTech. I really like the Diamond two stage triggers, especially for hunting rifles. Keep an eye on their site they might have some good sales soon.
Hawkins bottom metal you have some excellent options. For hunting rifles I like the M5 Hunter with the three round flush mags. You can also go with the M5 detachable mag that excepts CIP 5 round mags.

Well guys disconnected for a while with work and life but finally have all the pieces in for the build. Going to take a drive up to KI Precision in NJ to drop off the stock (Manners Prohunter) so he can "open" it for the barrel contour I got since I found a stock with a sendero lite contour and mine is heavy Palma. He will assemble everything for me while its there. Here is everything I got for it so far. I will upgrade the scope in the future but I am tickled with this so far for my first true custom rifle. Weight should be right at 9 lbs if my math is right but won't know for sure till its all said and done

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 25
Been lurking here for a long time, doing research and gathering info. I have my first elk hunt next year and I am also finally able to do a build I have wanted to do for a long time. Hoping to also do long range target shooting as well. I originally was going to build a 300 wsm but then the 7mm prc came out and I was sold. I currently have on order a Kelbly Nanook action with a prefit 22" Preferred Barrel Blanks CF Barrel in Heavy Palma. I also ordered a MBM TI Beast CF II 4 port 2 piece break.

Where I am having issues is the stock, bottom metal and trigger. I am leaning towards the AG Alpine even though I really wanted the Manners PH1 but their lead-times and inconsistency in that regards worry me. I want to be able to break in barrel, develop loads and practice quite a bit before I leave.

Bottom metal probably going with Hawkins Precision and I am leaning towards Trigger Tech Special.

I know it's alot but any opinions, thoughts, questions, etc are appreciated. Pretty long first post I know.
You'll love the AG composites!