New to custom Rifles/Elk Hunting/First Build

Keep an eye out on Manners "in stock" items and you might be able to pickup what you're looking for! I was able to grab a ProHunter with mini chassis earlier this year as an in stock item.

Just in finishing stages of my similar build:

Kelbly Nanook
Manners PH w/ mini chassis
TriggerTech Diamond flat
Wyatt's extended box
Hawkins oberndorf M5
Preferred barrel 20" in .300wsm

Weight as pictured 6# 6.4oz
View attachment 502520
That is a nice looking rifle. Was the PH just a basic R700/clone inlet and was any modification to the mini-chassis required due to the Nanook's trigger hanger?

That is a nice looking rifle. Was the PH just a basic R700/clone inlet and was any modification to the mini-chassis required due to the Nanook's trigger hanger?
Yes basic 700 clone inlet and yes it did need very slight modifications of the mini chassis for it to fit correctly.

Can you tell me what you mean by this? Triggertech is ok, but Jewel really has a great feel.
I have had several custom rifles built with Jewels. I've had those same high end rifles fail to fire in the field because of small debris in the internals. I've taken them all out and switched to TT - I'm using the Diamonds - they feel great, adjust great, and I've never had a failure to fire.

Can you tell me what you mean by this? Triggertech is ok, but Jewel really has a great feel.
I used TTs in the last three builds, but I have Jewell triggers in a bunch that work without fail. Moot point now…..I hated to see them go. Hope someone brings them back. Not really a friendly environment for anyone building pews or pew parts.

Last edited: