New Stick!

ropeNshoot

Got a new one today. Rem 700 in .300 WM with the 5r barrel. I have to keep saving pennies for a scope, so I'd really like some suggestions on what y'all would use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 50
For the money, you cant beat Vortex. They have anything you might need. From hunting to long range. First focal plane to second focal plane. lifetime, no questions asked warranty that is transferable,from person to person.

I have one vortex, a 3-9x40 Crossfire II. It's on a ruger M77 Hawkeye .22-250. I hope that this scope isn't indicative of the quality you get with Vortex.

I've been very happy with my Nikon Monarchs. Great clarity and mine have all tracked very well. I have a 2-8 on my .22 and a 4-16x50 on my .308. Plan to move that scope to a 7 rem mag and get another 2-8 or 2.5-10 for the .308

I haven't heard Nightforce yet. I've been wanting one but maybe this means that it isn't worth the money. How far are y'all shooting? Currently, I have a zeiss conquest 3-9x40, zeiss conquest 4.5-14x50 and an swfa ss 10x42. I'd really like something to make 1K shots. I want to shoot from 100yds to 1k and everything in between. Can that be done?

ropeNshoot

I wanted to do the same as you and ended up with a 4.5X to 30X Bushnell 6500 Elite. I've had it a few years with 600 rounds down the tube of the 338 RUM on which it is mounted. I recently bought another one for my 300 RUM. They both work great and for less than $1000. There was a review of the scope done on this site. Check it out. The pop up turrets to reset zero are great and it doesn't dim even on 30X. Plus it is not all that big though it does take 30 mm rings. Though I was setting up a long range rig with the 338 RUM, I didn't want to give up the ability to jump shoot and you can do that on 4.5X.

Night force is definitely worth the money!
I have two and they perform flawlessly!

I haven't heard Nightforce yet. I've been wanting one but maybe this means that it isn't worth the money. How far are y'all shooting? Currently, I have a zeiss conquest 3-9x40, zeiss conquest 4.5-14x50 and an swfa ss 10x42. I'd really like something to make 1K shots. I want to shoot from 100yds to 1k and everything in between. Can that be done?

Yes it can be done. Put a 20 moa base on it, because when you connect at 1k you'll wanna shoot to 1250 and so on.
Im happy with my vortex 6x24-50 pst ffp ebr-1 moa. With my 20 moa rail I can zero at 100 and dial to 1550 on my 7 mag.

Nice rifle btw!

Night Forces are great scopes. However, they aren't cheap either. Dollar for dollar Vortex is hard to beat. I have a Vortex and it is every bit as good as my sons Leupold and my Nikons. Glass is very clear edge to edge, adjustments are precise and repeatable. I am planning to buy another rifle for long range shooting and I planning to put a Vortex on that rifle. I would stick to Vortex HS or PST models.

Got a new one today. Rem 700 in .300 WM with the 5r barrel. I have to keep saving pennies for a scope, so I'd really like some suggestions on what y'all would use.

Looks like the new 700 Long Range... Nice! Let us know how it shoots. I have been debating on getting one in 7mm RemMag or .25-06 to convert to .25-06 AI (I know, I know...I already have 1, but 2 would be even better! :D ).

Also, I have a several Vortex products, and have been very impressed for the money. I have a Viper HS 6-24x50 w/ the BDC reticle. Once the new HS-T 6-24x50 MOA scopes become available, I plan on buying one of those to try out.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.