Stick with my 6.5 Creedmoor or…….

Preferred barrels has some good deals on 7 prc barreled actions now if you want a custom. I just ordered one but it's not in yet so I haven't got to test it out.

My buddy just got the ph2 last week. Should be able to compare the 2 soon. I just wanted the shorter barrel to run a suppressor on

I currently have a 260 and a 6.5 CM with the 6.5 my hunting rifle. Getting 2850 fps with 140 Gamechangers and Superformance out of the 6.5 with no over pressure signs. Getting a second hunting rifle in either 6.5 PRC or 7 PRC. Picked those two calibers because I want to stay with a Bergara and I want it for Elk.

Leaning towards the 7 but would it be worth it to go 6.5 PRC, sell the 6.5 CM and just use one gun for everything and is the 6.5 PRC even worth getting with my current CM performance. And finally, I don't shoot beyond 400 yds.
See #s 35, 40, and 47 of similar threads, https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/6-5-cm-6-5-prc-enough-effective-for-elk.351950/

Between your two PRC choices, I'd go with the 7 PRC. I'd rather have a 7-800 elk rifle capable and not need it than the other way around.

I have toyed with the idea of jumping to a PRC. But it's just a tall order when I have a great 6.5 creedmore. Honestly for your distances it won't matter. Not in the slightest. I've taken several elk well over your ranges with mine. I wouldn't bother. Save the money and or go bigger like .30 cal something
I gave away, my .243 Win and .270 WSM ( My old, Elk Rifle ) to my grandson and REPLACED them Both with, a 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka, using 143 gr. Hornady ELD-X's going 2,730 FPS, w/ 1/2 to 3/4 MOA accuracy and ,..
Out to 500 ish Yards on, an Elk, I DON'T / won't, EVER feel, Under gunned. IMO,.. Save your, Money ! ( And Shoot, Straight ! ).
Two Lefty's, in YOUR Corner !

Last edited:
@ MT260TX,..
OR,.. "Up-Grade" your Scope ( IF, needed ) with, the Extra Dough.
I'm starting to Look at the Zeiss, 6x-24X - 50 Conquest V-4's for, my 6.5 Creed. mostly to shoot, LR Steel for,.. Fun.
People "Bad mouthing", the 6.5 creed.,.. probably have, NEVER,.. shot One !