6.5 Creedmoor or not?

I bought a Savage Model 10 Predator Advantage Max-1 chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and am very pleased with the cartridge. I am able to get 2850 fps with 140 grain bullets and I am now on my 5th loadings for the brass and primer pockets are plenty tight. At that velocity you are holding onto a 1000 ft lbs of energy at 700 yards which is comparable to what a 44 magnum does at the muzzle. For the size of the cartridge it is very efficient and very easy to get to shoot accurately. The thing I like about it is being able to shoot the 140's with the bullet just seated to the base of the neck and not using valuable case space and being able to fit it in a detachable box mag for a short action still and obtaining the above stated velocity with just 42 grains of powder. Doesn't get any better then that. If what your looking for is a long range cartridge that has good barrel life, low recoil, and shoots the long VLD type bullets on the market today out of a short action and wants to hunt animals ranging from prairie dogs to Elk sized animals this is the cartridge.
I have owned 260 Remington in the past but found I have had to limit my bullets to the 120-123 grain range to get them to fit in the magazine and keep the performance. I was able to load the 140's but after seating them deep enough to fit in the mag velocity had dropped to the 2700 fps range.

I say go for it. I have a Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 CM and love it. It is heavy but it is accurate. I can get clover leaf groups at 100 yards and sub MOA at 250. Nosler is starting to make brass also which means bullets are just around the corner.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.