How not, to use a 6.5 creedmoor

So all the 6.5 proponents who cheered the shot that dropped and killed the poor critter as evidence of 6.5 credibility really only ensured he suffered more while F-troop marched 600 yards (20 min) hi-fiving and glad-handing only to pump a few more into him, while certainly making certain they didn't damage the skull or skin? Makes me sic

It is tough to condemn a cartridge for the stupidy of the hunters using it.

20161018_180407.jpg

Harvested with the OG Creedmoor aka the 6.5 SWEDE! It's not the cartridge that was the problem it was the shooter! I've taken game (elk and deer)with this cartridge from less than 100 yards to just under 500. All with a 140 grain Berger.

He was quartering away from me pretty hard. Hit him once in the back of the rib cage bullet lodged against the off side shoulder.
Never felt under gunned with my little 6.5, but I know its limitations as well, that's why I'm building a 28 Nosler and a long action Sherman of some sort. Can't decide between the 280 or 338 Sherman?

We share similar thoughts....and a 28 nosler has my thoughts also. I want it... But can barely keep rotating the ones I have a turn the range.
I've been trying to organize my collection to be better suited for my needs instead of wants. Range time isn't a problem, I have a short range at my house and 1 mile+ just a few miles up the road, keeping up with the reloading is another story.:D

Just sayin', if you didn't know what cranky old guy was, this is it. I've tried to finish watching what he has to say and it always looks like he's gonna freaking pass out from emphysema?! And what, we're all supposed to shoot long throated weatherbys?! If that's the case, I'll screw my burnt out throat, 7STW tube back on.

If that video doesn't make anyone else sick they are part of the problem.

Here's a problem...Gcan....i don't like you assuming that anyone else that didn't care for the video or weren't upset by it are "part of the problem"...
This situation happens every year....has happened every year before this video came out.......it is part of hunting...it does happen....
We as hunters strive to do our best at...sometimes things aren't perfect...
I have had simular situations...not have a 2x4 to rest my gun on....rocks aren't always in the best position...sometimes there isn't a tree or tree limb to use.......i have made great shots...i have had extremely lucky shots from undesirable positions.....but I also passed up on a shot this year at a whitetail buck at 890 yards....because I couldn't find a rest from a rock, tree, stump, or from the middle of a dirt road slanting so far left downhill and i need about 45 degrees uphill......couldnt even use my knee....so I passed up tbe shot.........dont throw out insinuations that you cant back.....it not only bad for you...you are making hunters in general look bad.....

Here's a problem...Gcan....i don't like you assuming that anyone else that didn't care for the video or weren't upset by it are "part of the problem"...
This situation happens every year....has happened every year before this video came out.......it is part of hunting...it does happen....
We as hunters strive to do our best at...sometimes things aren't perfect...
I have had simular situations...not have a 2x4 to rest my gun on....rocks aren't always in the best position...sometimes there isn't a tree or tree limb to use.......i have made great shots...i have had extremely lucky shots from undesirable positions.....but I also passed up on a shot this year at a whitetail buck at 890 yards....because I couldn't find a rest from a rock, tree, stump, or from the middle of a dirt road slanting so far left downhill and i need about 45 degrees uphill......couldnt even use my knee....so I passed up tbe shot.........dont throw out insinuations that you cant back.....it not only bad for you...you are making hunters in general look bad.....

So the difference between you and the YouTube scrub is you passed on your shot. You know your limits, and I respect the hell out of that.

Just sayin', if you didn't know what cranky old guy was, this is it. I've tried to finish watching what he has to say and it always looks like he's gonna freaking pass out from emphysema?! And what, we're all supposed to shoot long throated weatherbys?! If that's the case, I'll screw my burnt out throat, 7STW tube back on.

284 Wapiti Express = Gawd Tier cartridge

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts