How not, to use a 6.5 creedmoor

So the difference between you and the YouTube scrub is you passed on your shot. You know your limits, and I respect the hell out of that.
Greatly appreciated.....but i can't say every animal I have shot has gone down, and was dead....nor can I say every shot I have taken animals with has hit the spot I was aiming...
One elk..350 yards..aimed for the base of ear...missed by one inch behind ear...instant death...
This years mule deer....226 yards...severely quartering away...shot hit two inches to right...hit back hip..142lrab traveled the entire way to inside of sternum...dead deer...eventually...didn't find it til next morning....recovered 1/3 of meat....deer suffered for about 60 yards from impact.......still sick that I could not find it after 6 hours of searching and walked right up to it next morning....
Second Muley 329yds..bedded.....missed poa by one inch right 142 lrab traveled all the way to front of back quarter...buck did backward flop.....down...
Recovered both 142lrabs...

Blackmail deer 125yds....across extremely steep draw..i leaned back into hillside to make shot with my elbow in my gut for a rest...
Missed poa by 18"...hit that buck in the neck..down instantly...if I had made the perfect behind the shoulder hit on this buck he would have fallen down into the rock bluffs....luckily he fell right behind a stump on his trail......i stood below him while quartering him up to haul him out.........
As i said......sometimes things don't go right.....sometimes we get extremely lucky....sometimes practice doesnt matter....

Just sayin', if you didn't know what cranky old guy was, this is it. I've tried to finish watching what he has to say and it always looks like he's gonna freaking pass out from emphysema?! And what, we're all supposed to shoot long throated weatherbys?! If that's the case, I'll screw my burnt out throat, 7STW tube back on.

That old guy gives the term "old school" a whole new meaning, I couldn't finish the video either... clicked out when he started on the 7 mags. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those guys that thinks there's no such thing as overkill. A 6.5 CM is definitely NOT a cartridge I would CHOOSE for elk hunting, but if it was all I had I would use it knowing its and my limitations.

Dang... just wanted to post this video for some laughs....

That old guy gives the term "old school" a whole new meaning, I couldn't finish the video either... clicked out when he started on the 7 mags. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those guys that thinks there's no such thing as overkill. A 6.5 CM is definitely NOT a cartridge I would CHOOSE for elk hunting, but if it was all I had I would use it knowing its and my limitations. .

Everything the old guy said is totally correct. He who has ears, let him listen, and he who has a mind, let him understand.

If you don't get it, don't worry, you may one day.

He trashed the 6.5 prc as well......and then everything the hornady has been putting out has been raising the eyebrows of the military....hmm i wonder really what his opinion is worth. Sure hes been around but hes not wisdom personified.. I think ill go thaw more elk steaks.
To him if it doesnt say 300 weatherby then it should go directly to the trash pile!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts