New Sierra MatchKings!

I have been asking around all over about that little 110gr Matchking. The dead animal pics speak for themselves. From elk on down, they're killing machines! I can't wait to get my hands on some and see what they can do when I get my next rifle completed!

Is this the tipped version or hollow point?

I'd still love to see them.....the 110gr .243 matchking pics.
20180106_095014.jpg

With a 6 Dasher
"Whitetail, Axis, Pigs, Sika, Aoudad, Blackbuck, Angora. You name it. From 50-920 yards."
"worked awesome for 2 whitetail deer and a cow elk, out of a 243 Ackley at about 300 yards 1 shot 10 steps and she was done!"
6mm SLR
"Blew through both front shoulders at 300 yards.
3080fps
Also killed two other does at 700, 730 yards with the 6x47 at 3000fps. Every bullet expanded and acted like a Berger. Looking to try the 197 in the 7-300win mag on deer or elk this yeAr."
It's a few... there were pics with the posts but I don't know how to include them.

With a 6 Dasher
"Whitetail, Axis, Pigs, Sika, Aoudad, Blackbuck, Angora. You name it. From 50-920 yards."
"worked awesome for 2 whitetail deer and a cow elk, out of a 243 Ackley at about 300 yards 1 shot 10 steps and she was done!"
6mm SLR
"Blew through both front shoulders at 300 yards.
3080fps
Also killed two other does at 700, 730 yards with the 6x47 at 3000fps. Every bullet expanded and acted like a Berger. Looking to try the 197 in the 7-300win mag on deer or elk this yeAr."
It's a few... there were pics with the posts but I don't know how to include them.
Highlight the image press the control key and press the letter c . Then you can either right click n paste or press control key and the letter v

Hope this works. These are the only pics I could find in the old thread.

Attachments

• IMG_5406.JPG
    IMG_5406.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5407.JPG
    IMG_5407.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5408.JPG
    IMG_5408.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 133
300 SMKs have performed well on game for me as well. Most of my experiences are with deer and hogs. Shot an 80lb doe once with a 300SMK at 455yds. She didn't appear hit and I didn't hear that distinct thud as I watched the shot through my scope. She ran 100 yards and dropped. As I walked up on her I saw the exit, shot her in the heart and the exit side had baseball sized hole, not sure how she ran so far but most deer that get hit with the SMK are DRT. I originally thought it had pinholed her as I would expect on on a shot like that but the .338 SMK seem to open up just fine even at 100 yds on small game and have been devestating on the dense muscle and cartlidge of big boars.
Not with this bullet ; But it has been my observation that most deer, all for me that has been a heart shot has run. Not as far as yours did, only about a 35 yard average I would say, but with a number of different caliber of rifles. I don't mind this, their not going anywhere. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.