Tipped Sierra Matchkings

Nomosendero

It is very interesting to see that Sierra has a "tipped" option for these 2 SMK bullets. It is viewed by many that the SMK is not as consistant as the Berger for example when it comes to long range expansion, not to mention the increased BC.

yes, I did e-mail Sierra about getting the bullets but no, at present they are only available from Black Hills in their loaded AMMO. Oh well, maybe someday!

Black Hills Ammunition | The Power of Performance

If they tipped the 240's I shoot out of my RUM, that would be the day. I'd love to test them on moose if they decide to join the lr hunting market and give berger some competition.

Reuben

I would consider this to be a mildly encouraging development. Hopefully, this will eventually escalate into Sierra offering TMK's as component bullets. Given some of the experiments being done by forum members, I am hoping that Sierra will come around to offering plastic or aluminum tips in all of its Matchking line.

Very interesting! I had no idea Sierra was playing with that. Boosting BC from .505 to .535 ain't bad at all. Keep it up Sierra!

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts