New scope suggestion zeiss or nightforce

toptom60

I know there has been some threads on this in the past but was just looking for some current opinions. I have a model 70 in 325wsm I'm looking at getting a new scope for. I'm down to the nightforce shv 4-14 or the zeiss v4 4-16. I have few nightforces one is a shv and I like them all. Just seeing these v4 seem to be a nice price on them, wondering if the nightforce would be worth the extra or if anyone has had any problems with the zeiss in the past.

I know there has been some threads on this in the past but was just looking for some current opinions. I have a model 70 in 325wsm I'm looking at getting a new scope for. I'm down to the nightforce shv 4-14 or the zeiss v4 4-16. I have few nightforces one is a shv and I like them all. Just seeing these v4 seem to be a nice price on them, wondering if the nightforce would be worth the extra or if anyone has had any problems with the zeiss in the past.
I have the Zeiss and it has been good for me but I don't have a nightforce to compare it too. It tracks well.

The Zeiss is a good quality, dependable scope. The NF is a tougher build quality. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss this, as well as any special opportunities, with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks
I have bought from you guys before always happy with the service. Probably also where this scope will be coming from to.

I have 3 Nightforce scopes and 2 Zeiss V4's. I love everything about the Nightforce except the fact that they are heavy and do not balance very well on light rifles. I have years backpack hunting in very rugged country and the confidence I have in the Nightforce scopes is a great feeling. It's like having an old friend with me so I don't mind the weight penalty. Now the Zeiss V4 scopes we have ( one on my boys rifle) have so far proven to be very reliable and track very well. I did a tall target test on the scope on my Boy's rifle up to 30 moa and it tracked and returned to zero perfectly. We now have several long range shots and some mid range kills with the Zeiss scopes and they are growing on us for sure. The Zeiss checks a lot of the boxes for us and may for you as well. Hope this helps. Cheers, Jason

I have 3 Nightforce scopes and 2 Zeiss V4's. I love everything about the Nightforce except the fact that they are heavy and do not balance very well on light rifles. I have years backpack hunting in very rugged country and the confidence I have in the Nightforce scopes is a great feeling. It's like having an old friend with me so I don't mind the weight penalty. Now the Zeiss V4 scopes we have ( one on my boys rifle) have so far proven to be very reliable and track very well. I did a tall target test on the scope on my Boy's rifle up to 30 moa and it tracked and returned to zero perfectly. We now have several long range shots and some mid range kills with the Zeiss scopes and they are growing on us for sure. The Zeiss checks a lot of the boxes for us and may for you as well. Hope this helps. Cheers, Jason
That was kinda my thing with the v4, everything I read says there great and track perfectly which I belive just never had one. My nightforces I know work and have the reputation to be tough. I may just take the chance on the zeiss. My 325 is a coyote light and is quite nice to carry the zeiss would keep it lighter then the nightforce.

I unfortunately don't have a Nightforce.

I just recently got a Ziess 4-16X44 wint the #92 reticle and exposed elevation turret.
Eurooptic for $649.

It's the first scope I have that has a zero stop.
Getting it sighted in was kinda a PITA.

Plusses...
Clear glass
80 MOA elevation
smooth control movement
adjustments are VERY tactile

Since optics became legal to use in highpower I have had monarch, leupold, and now a ziess in highpower we move the sight setting at least 10 times in each match as we shoot 200 yds standing then sitting rapid fire then 300 yds prone rapid fire then 600 yds prone which always needs fine tuning and windage adjustments and I shoot 3 or so matches a month for 7 months out of the year. The Ziess is better for clarity than the others and has not yet failed in its adjustments ,the leupold I had to send back with elevation problems, the monarchs did not give me any trouble. in this game we adjust our scopes more probably than they are designed for

Recent Posts