New scope suggestion zeiss or nightforce

I have three Zeiss, and I have had great luck with them. One is the LRP S3 6-36X56 that was released last year, the other two are Zeiss Victory T 2.5x10x42 30mm & 6-24x56. I must say the two Victory scopes are as clear & tracts just as good as my newer Zeiss. I have looked through some nice Nightforce and they are nice but I don't own one. I like your choices very much. The Zeiss Victory T 2.5x10x42 30mm is not mounted on anything now as my older eyes need more power. If you decide to go the Zeiss way I would sale it. Good luck on whatever you decide.

I know there has been some threads on this in the past but was just looking for some current opinions. I have a model 70 in 325wsm I'm looking at getting a new scope for. I'm down to the nightforce shv 4-14 or the zeiss v4 4-16. I have few nightforces one is a shv and I like them all. Just seeing these v4 seem to be a nice price on them, wondering if the nightforce would be worth the extra or if anyone has had any problems with the zeiss in the past.

For me, far and away the 2.5-10x42 NF all the way!

What do you hunt and where on a yearly basis?

I have both and both are awesome scopes. I have a conquest that I love souch I got rid of my Swarovski and bought another Zeiss. I've also had NF for years competition, nxs,and shv. Between the two I think the NF edges out the Zeiss. Look at the specs to see what is important to you ie weight, illuminated reticle, and reticles

For me, far and away the 2.5-10x42 NF all the way!

What do you hunt and where on a yearly basis?
I mostly will be a deer and bear gun if I ever see a bear during the season. I'm in pa in the woods never much worry about far shots but are times in certain a longer shot could arise. I have that 2.5- 10 on my h&h and really like that scope for that gun.

I mostly will be a deer and bear gun if I ever see a bear during the season. I'm in pa in the woods never much worry about far shots but are times in certain a longer shot could arise. I have that 2.5- 10 on my h&h and really like that scope for that gun.
I'm in central PA, hunt mostly in Elk & Moshannon State Forests.
Close to Bennezette.

Woods could be 25 yard shot.
On the gas lines, 1,500 yard + shots are available.
Haven't taken one that far yet.
Long shots on game in the 400-500 yard mark.

Furthest deer was 413 yards taken with my Stevens 200 in 7mm-08AI with 4-12X42 Vortex Crossfire II using the BDC reticle.

If you can find a used zeiss victory diavari or ht 3-12x56 scope, buy it. I have one and is a great low light scope. Also, the diavari only weighs 18oz. should work great in the PA woods.
Pat

I've been doing a lot of research on the current status of the scopes on the market, with my primary concern holding zero and tracking. I'm currently having a custom rifle built and probably a second one next year after I see the results of the first. Without getting to far in the weeds I'll say NF has an outstanding track history in these two areas. But, are you looking for a backpacking rifle, SFP VS FFP, how far do you plan on shooting, is objective lens size a concern for scope height vs cheek weld for close hunting shots, and do you prefer a specific reticle? I have NF, but just ordered a Zeiss 4-16x44mm (30 mm tube) to upgrade the optics on an old 30-06 I have with a 3-9 Leupold. I'm not a fan of hold over an animal beyond a few inches and only in the right conditions, so I wanted the old hunting rifle to be able to hold dead on out to 500 yds. I also wanted to keep it lite, keep the scope low, and keep an uncluttered reticle. In my research Zeiss came to the top of the list for that rifle (researched eveeyrhing from Leupold to Tangent to Schmidt & Bender). I'm putting another NF on my current build, but I prefer SFP for hunting across a broad spectrum of conditions. Just my personal preferences.

I have a conquest that sounds just like the model you are describing and have been using it for 3 years for Highpower where we nadjust the scope for 200,300,and 600 yds plus windage so in an average match we adjust probably 10 times x2 to 3 matches a month and haven't had any problems plus the scope is reasonably light and has a very good picture. I think they are great and would buy zeiss in a minute. watch because there are some forgeries and my scope has the turrets backwards to most scopes, what we would call service rifle sights, clockwise is up and right