New rig ready for first blood?

This was a 515 yard shot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 53
It sure is rewarding when something you planned out and for the most part built yourself, then hand loaded for and tested and tweaked really works. My nephew really thought it was cool, hitting 'em on the other side of the wheat field.

I can probably call this one "old trusty" now.

Nice hogs, congrats on everything coming together for you.
gun)

I actually rolled up on four nice little 200 pounders today on the four wheeler and didn't even have a pistol with me LOL.

What a shame, no pistol handy! That boar was over 350. First one I've ever killed with the "armor plates" in his shoulders. It was like the shell on a logger head snapping turtle under the skin. Very cool.

The sow was probably 175 or so. I expected her to taste well. Very surprised, my brother claims the boar tasted great. I was, possibly in error, ready to let him have it.

The sow was probably 175 or so. I expected her to taste well. Very surprised, my brother claims the boar tasted great. I was, possibly in error, ready to let him have it.
He looks every bit of 350. He'll taste good too if you didn't get him hot.

Yes the shields on the big boars can be quite impressive. I killed one that we pulled three different bullets out of plus a good dose of buckshot when we were scraping out the shield preparing to mount him. He weighed 493lbs when we got him to town and by then he'd already been gutted.

His sheilds were probably 4" Thick at the thickest point just forward of the point of the shoulder.

Getting him out was a real story... .

Congrats again, that's a big hog and he'll look good on the wall especially when you're eating his chops LOLgun)

First kill of the new year with the STW. It's a little much on yotes but this one was close enough it didn't tear him up too bad. I have a tendency to get bored when the deer aren't moving and start calling.
The best gun is the one in your hand when you need it, right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 56
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.