First Blood With New Rig..

JCM

My new rifle is finally finished after a long wait for the parts, but im out shooting it now and it has been very accurate. Its printing .275'' groups at 100 yards (5 shots) and i just shot a 3 shot 6.5" group at 1500 yards.

Specs:
6.5x55 Ackley Improved .294 Neck
Barnard model S single shot action
Barnard 17MOA rail
27'' krieger #7 1-9 twist
McMillan HunterClass
NF 5.5-22x56 NPR2
NF rings
RifleBasix trigger set at 8oz

My load is 48.5gr WC760 behind a 130gr Nosler Accubond.

guns008.jpg

guns007-1.jpg

Me and a mate took it out into the roar and the stags were roaring quite well and we managed to roar this 10 point Red stag out of a gully up onto a ridge top and I shot him at 485 Yards.

P4120013.jpg

Well done! Very nice looking rifle, and great to see other New Zealanders posting on this site. Who did you get to build the rifle? Who's mussle brake did you use? What velocity are your achieving with the 130gr Nosler Accubond?

Thanks,
Tony Halberg and John Hastie built the rifle and the muzzle brake is made by them aswell, it is similar to a vais. The Accubond is doing 3050fps. I have also tried GS Custom HV bullets and I got the 95gr bullet doing over 3700fps! but accuracy was not near as good.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.