First Blood for the 6br!!!!!

wildcat,
I cant believe you called out the WHAAAAAAmbulance on this one. get out your favorite hankie, dry your eyes and post a few more equipment list's and you will feel better.
I try to help you out on some of your mis-guided projects and if it is not exactly what you want to hear, you cry instead of listen.
think of me what you will, but for the sake of LRH please limit yourself to 3 or less equipment lists a day and posting of the same question 3 times a day (btt etc).
UB

[ QUOTE ]
Rifle is a Cooper Montana Varminter in 6br with a 11-8 twist bbl. I am shooting lapua brass and 30.5grs of Varget with a 105 AMAX just kissin the lands.

steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the spec and load. I have a 10 twist 6BR wonder if the 105 A-Max would stabilize in this barrel?

HBB

No, i dont believe it will. But you can shoot the hell out of the 87ge V Max and it will do **** good

thanks
steve

First of all, I appreciate all your advice, however, why do you have to be sarcastic. You not only do it to me, but others as well. Anyhow, I will start being sarcastic on your posts.

Wildcat

Thanks Lerch!!. I wont be sarcastic on his posts like I had mentioned. I am going to forget about his comments, and I am not going to drop to his level.

How is the big 338AM working. Man, that baby is awesome!!! I love the color scheme on the stock. I am going with the same color scheme on my MBR stock, however, I am going with 80%Black, 10%White and 10%Grey. I hope it turns out as nice as your and BJ's stock.

Anyhow, thanks for the info regarding the 105grn A-Max. If I decide to use it, I will keep the velocity under 3200fps.

Wildcat

[ QUOTE ]
No, i dont believe it will. But you can shoot the hell out of the 87ge V Max and it will do **** good

thanks
steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I'll try some of the 87's next time I have the 6Br out.

HBB

Hey Lerch,

Apologies for cutting in on your thread, but your PM is off and I need to check on the pack. How can I contact you?

Jeff

Hillbillybear,
Your 10 twist certainly will stabalize that 105!! My 6BR has a 10 twist and it shot a .157" at 200 yards w/ that 105 A-Max.

They havent stabilized in any 1-10 twist i have shot. They were iffy in a 1-9.25 twist savage. Maybe you got lucky

steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.