New Rifle Recommendations -- Help me!!

Brydawg512

Hello all,

I am planning to be in the market for a new rifle soon and need some recommendations...

My budget is right around $2500 (including optic), however, am willing to stretch that out a bit if it is a make or break deal.

This rifle will be for my big game hunts (elk, mule deer, black bear), so am thinking I'll stay with a 300WM, however, am always open to other suggestions.

What rifle/rifle builder recommendations do you all have?

Thanks in advance.

The 300WM is an excellent choice, as for rifle, personally I'd look at the Browning X-bolt.

Hello all,

I am planning to be in the market for a new rifle soon and need some recommendations...

My budget is right around $2500 (including optic), however, am willing to stretch that out a bit if it is a make or break deal.

This rifle will be for my big game hunts (elk, mule deer, black bear), so am thinking I'll stay with a 300WM, however, am always open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Have you looked at the classified ads section if there's something that interests you?

Aside from weight, what didn't you like about the the other rifles you had that were chambered in .300 Win Mag?

It would also appear that you've been given rifle recommendations previously for your stated purpose. Did those just not work out?🤔 Don't get me wrong….I'm all about buying a new rifle, but maybe we need more 'detailed specifics' as to what you're needing/wanting?

In honor of @FEENIX and @ZAK13 suggestions here's something to 'consider' in the classifieds here:

Last edited:
It would also appear that you've been given rifle recommendations previously for your stated purpose. Did those just not work out?🤔 Don't get me wrong….I'm all about buying a new rifle, but maybe we need more 'detailed specifics' as to what you're needing/wanting?
Yep, I remember being part of it. This is why "I" never make recommendations on what rifle to buy or build.

First rifles I look at are Win Model 70's, have quite a few, Featherweights, EW's and Super Grades. For a pure no nonsense light hunting rifle, the EW in 300WM or even a 338WM fills the bill. For a bit more expense, Kimber offer some excellent lightweight hunting rifles too.
Browning rifles don't appeal to me, however if they appeal to you, the Hells Canyon in 300WM is very accurate, my buddy has one and it is a very good shooter.

I have to admit that I do not hunt with every rifle I own, it's simply not possible as to the number, but the one's I do hunt with, up until this COVID crap, get used a lot.
Even a Remington 700 SPS would serve you well, a stock change may benefit it though, as I hate the stock on my 300 RUM. Putting a HS Precision on that ASAP.

Cheers.

Aside from weight, what didn't you like about the the other rifles you had that were chambered in .300 Win Mag?

In honor of @FEENIX and @ZAK13 suggestions here's something to 'consider' in the classifieds here:

There is nothing wrong with my previous rifles, however, I am at a point I am wanting to purchase something that is nicer and will last me a while. I have found that the previous rifles I have purchased are just not of the quality I had hoped for.

I will add, I do have an adequate scope, so I could run for something in the price range listed without a scope.

Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with my previous rifles, however, I am at a point I am wanting to purchase something that is nicer and will last me a while. I have found that the previous rifles I have purchased are just not of the quality I had hoped for.

I will add, I do have an adequate scope, so I could run for something in the price range listed without a scope.

Thank you.
Find a local gunsmith and have him build you a rifle with everything you want.

Thank you.

Have you taken a look at the Christensen Arms Ridgelines. They have a lot of nice amenities, carbon fiber wrapped barrel, I think around 6.8 lbs, come in a variety of finishes and guarantee MOA, and....around $1600. I'm also thinking that for the game you want to hunt the 300 WSM is a good cartridge, however I wouldn't get locked into a specific cartridge is the right deal came along. Good luck with your new purchase.

Hello all,

Thanks in advance.
Weatherby makes a great rifle. And you can get their quality 300 wby ammo off the shelf. Very capable round that will take anything in north America.