help me decide on a new rifle

smoked

cant decide which remington to get, the 300 ultra sendero and shoot the barrel out then make it a 338 edge, or get the remington 700p 338 lapua, going to be hunting large game to 1000 and playing well beyond that, the ultra will have to have a brake installed, the 700p already has one the optics will be nxs.

cant decide which remington to get, the 300 ultra sendero and shoot the barrel out then make it a 338 edge, or get the remington 700p 338 lapua, going to be hunting large game to 1000 and playing well beyond that, the ultra will have to have a brake installed, the 700p already has one the optics will be nxs.

It'll be awhile before you smooth out the barrel. Have had 300 win mag
which if broken in right holds up nicely. Fluted barrel with two part muzzle
brake (thread protector and brake) macmillan stock with detachable mag
and teflon coat outer.

just picked up my new sendero, ordered an egw 20moa rail, scope level,dies, 200/208gr amaxs, 50 180 accubonds, a bag of rem brass cause i cant find any nosler, 2lbs rl-25 and 2lbs rl-22,1lb h50, havent got retumbo yet, i will do the break in with the accubonds at min load

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.