New guy here help me with a nice rifle !!!

With a 10k budget I can't wait to see what you get. My favorite rifle smith is Longriflesinc
Jered Joplin and gunsmiths like him are also really good options. Longrifles Inc, GAP, and others of a similar nature all build rifles that far exceed most users skill levels. The hardest part is understanding what you need, not what you want.

The rifle that works well on a bench or at the range might not be very good on the hunt. On the flip side shooting a deer at ~100 yards and an Antelope on the run much farther away are really different from banging steel at 1,000 yards.

I see you are thinking about a new rifle. I had one built by Grag Young at Southern Precision Rifles. I had it built then got some bad news about my health. The rifle has only been shot approximately 60 rds. 6.5 CM, Stiller action, Bartlein fluted 3b 24" barrel, Vais muzzle brake, Black cerakote, McMillan game warden stock, HS Precision bottom metal, NF NXS 5-25×56 with two caps, 120 and 140 gr. Excellent condition. $4,800
757-999-4264
Man I wish u the best with your health issues....prayers coming your way.

I think you can get a "custom" rifle as accurate as any, with all top tier components for much less than 10k.....even with an elite performing scope. I've seen some great suggestions on this thread and will look at a few of them for myself.
But I would be doing a disservice if I didn't direct u to have a look at McWhorter Rifles. I know the owner, Allan, well and have owned several of their builds. A few yrs back my cash flow was hurting and I was trying to find a smokeless Muzzleloader On short notice.....Allan ended up selling me his personal smoke pole and worked with me on the payment so I could get the rifle in time for my hunting dates.
They build them as nice as anyone.....they will custom hand paint the stock in some of the coolest patterns and colors I've seen.
They are not cheap, but I've seen lesser values priced above them.
Lastly, and possibly the most important factor for a lot of guys......they develop a load and will send the rifle with a decent supply of hand loads. If you're like me and do not reload, this is a big deal. I saw two different rifle builders advertising this service.....and it does take some time.....but they priced it for an additional $1000 and $1500 respectively. McWhorter includes this in the price of the rifle.
Also, they do not currently, but they usually have several rifles built and ready to ship, in a range of caliber choices. They have also been known to knock 10% off the listed price on their existing builds for sale.
Check them out.....they may have 3 or 4....maybe a 7mm-SAW for sale.
Good luck.

I agree with some of the post you have gotten here. You have gotten some good advice. After, some thought I agree with the idea that you should get something to learn on that is upgradeable. Your original question ask for a factory rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. I think this would be an excellent cartridge to learn on. Also, it would serve you well for anything you might want to hunt in Texas out to about 600 yards and paper or steal to 1250 with factory ammo.

That said, I think the 10k through most of us off the original intent. I still think a Sako would be great as I originally stated to the question earlier. However, I would not go the custom route or even the high end one if I were just getting into LR shooting at least until I figured out what I wanted. Stay clear of exotic calibers and barrel burners. Your learning. 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 prc, 7-08, 308 would be my choice. Anything else is overkill or under powered at this point. Factory ammo is available in these as well and it is good. They are also easy to learn to reload.

All that being said, I think your best option would be a Tikka CTR stainless in 6.5 Creedmoor put into a KRG chassis of your choice with an Athlon Ares ETR or Cronus scope, MTD or Talley rings and 20 moa base, APA LB gen2 or Area 419 brake and a Harris S-BR 6-9 bipod. That would certainly get you started in the right direction and would be easily upgradable in the future or off loaded or traded should you choose to go another route. You would have a heck of a rifle fully capable of most likely 1/2 moa and certified 1 moa. You could hunt, shoot steel, or get into prs if you wanted and would basically have the same set up our local police department uses for it sniper teams. The whole set up would probably run you around $3500.00. That leaves you plenty of money to upgrade and Tikkas have lots of options. If you want to spend more upfront go on and top it with a Leupold Mark 5 5-25. Hope this helps. Just my thoughts if I were just getting started

Here is a pic of my personal Tikka TSR-1 which is a custom CTR in a McCrees chassis in 308. If you go with the above suggestion it will be similar to this. This example is in 308 with a 20in barrel. Blessings
8E4B823D-A2C0-46B8-8D45-512240435AC2.jpeg

Actually here is pretty much the exact rifle you would have. CTR in a KRG X-ray chassis.

Attachments

• 306F697C-F520-4A8F-A41F-A91998222355.jpeg
    306F697C-F520-4A8F-A41F-A91998222355.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 66
Whatever you decide on, buy a Dead Air Nomad-Ti suppressor or something of similar quality. Suppressors are the best thing that ever happened to a firearm!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.