My Remington 700 Long Range has finally come in and first impressions are great! I really like the feel and the cheek weld I get with the B&C stock and it is a very rigid and stout platform. The barrel contour is a great happy medium between a sporter and bull barrel, I really like the Sendero/Varmint contour from Remington. I was planning on installing an old school Model 700 trigger or a Timney, but I was able to get the X-Mark Pro down to about 2.5-3lbs and it is extremely crisp with zero over travel. Maybe I got lucky with the trigger but I like it. As most of you know, the B&C stock has an aluminum bedding block in it and the barrel comes free floated from the factory. I liked the aluminum pillars and everything felt solid, but the recoil lug area was very oversized in the stock and there was no bedding in the throat of the barrel. I was expecting this, so I wasn't disappointed or anything, I had planned to add bedding from the get-go. I posted some pictures below to show my progress and procedures to bedding the rifle. I used Devcon plactic steel epoxy to do the bedding. We have always used this and it is extremely stable and strong as an ox soon as it sets up. I have always helped my Dad bed rifles, but this time I took the reins and did the work myself with his help and supervision. It was a very interesting and fun project that I am happy with and I look forward to doing more bedding jobs in the future to improve my skills and techniques. I began by free floating the action sides with a piece of 80 grit sandpaper wrapped around a socket that matched the inside contour of the stock. I would take a little at a time, then check it with a piece of heavy paper until the paper slid from the action ring to the tang with no contact. This is seen below. After free floating the action sides, I began to prepare the action and stock for the bedding. I applied three layers of masking tape onto the recoil lug to ensure a precise and clean fit inside the stock. Below you can see the tape after it has been trimmed and properly fit to the lug. Next I began to build dams and fill the action screw holes with clay to make sure bedding stayed out of the threads, action, and trigger group. The first pictures show the dam I built inside the action and the front screw hole plugged off with clay. In the second picture you can see the dam behind the trigger and plugged rear action screw threads. I set the barreled action aside for now and moved onto the stock. I measured off 2" and marked it with a couple pieces of masking tape to show where my bedding in the barrel channel would end. Then I proceeded to scratch up the inside of the stock and the bedding block with a little dremel tool to ensure the bedding had a rough place to grab and stick too. This is done to make sure the bedding will hold and has places to flow other than on a smooth surface, which the bedding may or may not bond good too. I wanted to make sure the aluminum block was level and even, so I decided to put bedding in the front action ring and a small bit in the tang to make everything level and solid. This may or may not have been necessary, but it is better to be safe than sorry, this is my first B&C stock so I want to make sure it is solid inside. I also built a dam in the stock so bedding couldn't flow into the mag well. A picture is below showing this step.