First Bedding Job Completed.

Ok looks nice, however there is more to bedding an action in a stock than " it is a tight fit and looks good.

Enlighten me please. I'm here to learn
Looks like you did a fine job make sure your recoil lug isn't bottomed out . The lug needs a little clearance on the bottom and front . As far as floating the barrel you can float it all the way or leave the chamber area glassed if it shoots with it that way , if not float it all the way too the receiver . Make sure when done your not flexing the action . If you have a good solid fit tighten every thing down equal you should be good too go let us know how it shoots good luck

Looks like you did a fine job make sure your recoil lug isn't bottomed out . The lug needs a little clearance on the bottom and front . As far as floating the barrel you can float it all the way or leave the chamber area glassed if it shoots with it that way , if not float it all the way too the receiver . Make sure when done your not flexing the action . If you have a good solid fit tighten every thing down equal you should be good too go let us know how it shoots good luck
What's the reasoning for having clearance at the bottom and front of the recoil lug in say a 700 or 700 clone action? A Tikka action for example, I'm under the impression you want that lug bedded as tight as possible in the stock for a perfect index into the receiver. I know it's not an Apple to Apple comparison but I would think the principles would be the same.

What's the reasoning for having clearance at the bottom and front of the recoil lug in say a 700 or 700 clone action? A Tikka action for example, I'm under the impression you want that lug bedded as tight as possible in the stock for a perfect index into the receiver. I know it's not an Apple to Apple comparison but I would think the principles would be the same.
The 2 most important areas are along the length of action and thrust side of lug. Bottom and front of lug needs a small gap for assembly and to not interfere with recoil thrust. I do fill tapered lugs along the side of lug to eliminate torque on the only gun I have that style on. It worked well.
That's my take on it...

Did you use any particular YouTube video for guidance?
Several years ago I read this article:

and bought Richard's DVD:

Though I may do it a bit differently since I'm usually using a stock with an aluminum block already installed, a lot of his tips are very useful.