First Bedding Job Completed.

Lovellr653

I just finished up my first bedding job. I used Probed 2000. Pretty pleased with how it came out but will for sure be able to do a better job next time especially in regards to working in epoxy to reduce air bubbles. I added a couple pictures of the project. I used Hornady one shot in hard to reach places and the provided release agent that came with the bedding kit everywhere else. I found plumbers putty was easier to remove than modeling clay. The rifle fits in nice and tight now and I think was worthy of the time and money to do it.
6FE59E75-450E-4B87-A55B-F6C453EEFCE1.jpeg
AF2CD7D1-4B04-40EF-A84C-CC29F74505A1.jpeg
D7014688-A24E-478A-93CB-AF8D7F779F97.jpeg
637CFDFD-ACC3-4A29-B984-C9622FED242C.jpeg
CD2ADE05-01B1-4E52-B69C-802B46BC9327.jpeg
3A45951E-4D01-4432-B348-506B6C41BCB4.jpeg
1C6DC455-732D-42B9-B0D4-BE24CAB837FD.jpeg

Looks good for a first shot. A word of advice would be to drill your front guard screw hole as I notice threads in the bedding. You don't want the front screw touching the bedding and acting like a recoil lug.
Good to know. I'll get that cleaned up. Now that I think of it, should pop right out, I lubed the inside of the holes good.

Looks awesome. I use probed and really like the stuff.

I've avoided air bubbles for the most part by painting it onto the action really well prior to setting it into the bedding in the stock. I read that somewhere and it works for me!

Looks awesome. I use probed and really like the stuff.

I've avoided air bubbles for the most part by painting it onto the action really well prior to setting it into the bedding in the stock. I read that somewhere and it works for me!
Good to know, I definitely wasn't thorough enough.

Another trick is to work the epoxy slowly by not stirring air into it during mixing. Just scrape and fold slowly. As you go it will push any bubbles out. Same when laying it in to the bedding. I use the wide tongue depressers to fold it in.
I'll give that a go on the next rifle I do. I definitely did more stirring than folding. Thanks

If you've open to a suggestion, try Devcon. Either steel, aluminium, or Titanium ...it has a super low shrinkage rate, is incredibly stable, and on my jobs has come out a mirror image. It will show a scratch mark. Has good working time. It is expensive, but then we are not bedding cheap rifles either....(even a factory)..Your work is great.....p.s. Devcon, while soft, cleans up gun and overflow with isopropyl alcohol.... rsbhunter