First Bedding Job Completed.

If you've open to a suggestion, try Devcon. Either steel, aluminium, or Titanium ...it has a super low shrinkage rate, is incredibly stable, and on my jobs has come out a mirror image. It will show a scratch mark. Has good working time. It is expensive, but then we are not bedding cheap rifles either....(even a factory)..Your work is great.....p.s. Devcon, while soft, cleans up gun and overflow with isopropyl alcohol.... rsbhunter
I did see Devcon mentioned a lot while reading up on the topic. I am happy with the pro bed but when I am out I would be game for trying another brand for a comparison. The pro bed working time is advertised to be 60-90 minutes and I'd say that was spot on. I used alcohol and q-tips for the over flow and it worked great.

The "working" time on Dev on is a couple hours, depending on what is determined to be working time......the only reason I suggest Dev on is you will not get air bubbles....I've done probably 10-12 rifles and never had a bubble....my OCD would drive me nuts!!!!!!! But if mixed liked described (folded) instead of stirred, that would get rid of the bubbles....rsbhunter

I have used both Devcon and ProBed. They both work well, so don't feel bad using the ProBed.

Tips -
I put blue masking tape on the sides of the rifle stock up to the edge so that I keep the paint clean. You can remove it once everything is clean.
I use studs (cut off bolts) in the action screw holes, and wrap them with blue tape to help center them in the action screw holes. It also helps keep the action straight.
Bedding material is usually stiff enough that you can flip the rifle over and clean inside the magazine well, etc while the material is still pliable. It makes later cleanup easier.
Eventually you will find out what needs clay in the holes, and what really doesn't. You used plenty. ;)

I have used both Devcon and ProBed. They both work well, so don't feel bad using the ProBed.

Tips -
I put blue masking tape on the sides of the rifle stock up to the edge so that I keep the paint clean. You can remove it once everything is clean.
I use studs (cut off bolts) in the action screw holes, and wrap them with blue tape to help center them in the action screw holes. It also helps keep the action straight.
Bedding material is usually stiff enough that you can flip the rifle over and clean inside the magazine well, etc while the material is still pliable. It makes later cleanup easier.
Eventually you will find out what needs clay in the holes, and what really doesn't. You used plenty. ;)
I definitely went over board on the clay haha. I for sure could've done more clean up on the mag well, wasn't certain how delicate I needed to be so I played it safe and didn't fondle the gun too much once it was set into the epoxy. Dremel was almost a good tool for that clean up but not really.

Great post and I appreciate the recommendations others have provided. Looks good. I've been thinking about bedding a Model 70 featherweight 7mm-08 and looking for examples and input. Thanks to the OP and everyone who provided input.

Looks great I just finished my first bedding job too and it doesn't look good but it served it purpose well as the rifle shot great. You do very nice clean work well done!

Tips -
... put blue masking tape on the sides of the rifle stock up to the edge so that I keep the paint clean.
... use studs (cut off bolts) in the action screw holes, and wrap them with blue tape to help center them in the action screw holes. It also helps keep the action
Same here ... ProBed is sooooo good I'd never even considered Devcon and air bubbles in any epoy product is ... uite frankly, user error.

Nice job, tight groups to you!

I definitely went over board on the clay haha. I for sure could've done more clean up on the mag well, wasn't certain how delicate I needed to be so I played it safe and didn't fondle the gun too much once it was set into the epoxy. Dremel was almost a good tool for that clean up but not really.
I picked up files along the way that make a far nicer edge than using a Dremel.

Did you use any particular YouTube video for guidance?
Not one in particular, I got info from a lot of videos and forums and just did what made sense to me for what my end goal was. The main take away I got was the job is 90% prep work and to make sure you have everything you need close by. There's a lot of ways to skin this cat from what I've gathered. There was one video that stuck out to me though, if I can find it again I'll send you a PM with the link.