New Magnetospeed in the works or WTH?

benchracer

I have had a Magnetospeed chronograph on my wish list for quite some time. Midway is now showing even the V2 model as discontinued. Graf's has them on clearance. Since I was planning to buy one in the next couple of months, and feared that they may not be available if I wait, I went ahead and bought a V1.

Is there a new model in the works or is the Magnetospeed going away? I found no relevant information on their website.

Do you know what the changes will be?

I called magnetospeed a couple of weeks ago and came away from that conversation that they were going to discontinue the V1 and V2 when the V3 was released. Supposedly the V3 has some minor tech. Improvements over the V2 and was going to be about 25 bucks more than the V2.

Time will tell how accurate that information is.

The v3 is going to have new improved mounting system similar to v2.. with cam lock buckle on it. And slightly shaped different and colored. Also it has three buttons on display for improved functionality. They also changed the power source... ( different batteries) $399 retail

The video answered a lot of my questions. I am glad to see that they continue to improve the product. I was starting to worry that something bad was afoot and that I was in danger of missing the boat on a very good product. Glad to know that is not the case!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.