New gun build for LR Whitetail and Muley’s

Thanks for the feedback. I actually live in Pennsylvania but haven't hunted here in over 10 years. I do most of my hunting in other states. Got talking to a friend of mine the other day about what I wanted to do and I also spoke with Chad McCauslen over McCauslin rifles. Haven't made a final decision yet but may take what I've built so far and re-barrel it . Really appreciate everyone's input
I wouldnt be doing anything untill you have given more thought as to how and where you plan using the gun.
The most successful hunter ive known as for buck kill numbers in Pa used a standard factory Rem 700 in 7 rem mag.
I doubt he ever killed a deer beyond about 600 yards, but he did it every year due to the way he hunted, and not the gun he used. You have all the gun you need right now, all you need do is develop a system for capitalizing on it. Again, it begins and ends with optics, not guns.

Mule deer and whitetails . You don't need a 300 magnum unless you like recoil or a noisy *** brake. Fast twist 25-284, 25/06 or 6.5-284 or 264 Win Mag. They will have great trajectory and plenty of killing power for long shots. And lower recoil than 7mms and 300s.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.