What Caliber for 600yd Whitetail? (New rifle Build)

The biggest issue is that it can eventually become a bit boring going to the same old 600 yard spot to hunt.
But a different spot might also include places like that over there. And over there might be a longer shot than over here.
Sorta like being in the masonry business and choosing to drive a half ton pickup.

I'm looking to build a 600yd hunting rifle. I'll be starting with at Rem 700 LA left hand, trued. I'm planning on a 24" bartlein barrel. I'm not scared of wildcats or Ackley Improved either. I reload so, I'll be developing the loads. The current rifle is a 270win, but I'm thinking there is more bang for the buck in LR performance and aftermarket support. Most of my hunting is within 350yds or so, but I'm wanting a reliable option out to 600yds. This will double as range gun for some fun and probably run 2-300rds per year on the high side.

I'm leaning towards a 260rem or 7mm 08 in the LA. These guys not restricted to mag length can be pretty impressive.

I currently load for:
308, 7mm Rem mag, 7mm 08, 270 win, 223
And I have a 6.5 Creedmore on order for my son. We'll be loading for it as well.

Must haves:
-Long Range Support in brass and projectiles, at least in the manufacturing side. I'm not expecting everything to be in stock. (I'm not against fire forming good brass)
-Decent barrel life ~1800-2000rnd minimum
-Enough kinetic energy for deer at 600yds

Would like to haves:
-cross over powders or projectiles to current reloading stock
-Factory ammo options are nice, but not required.
-Something that is powder efficient
-No one ever complains about low recoil...

Feel free to add details of barrel length, twist, reamers, and load data.

Thanks very much for the info!
Great thinking. Either would fill that order easily. Two of my favorite mid range cartridges. 150 Swift Scirocco in my 7-08 and the130 in the 260

I'll give 7-08 another vote. Not sure of your hunting environment but 168 VLDs buck the wind pretty well and it's a nice easy shooting cartridge that you can build a really light rifle for and still stand to shoot a bunch.