New ELR world record set with a factory Savage 338 lapua!

For those that might care

Slash0311 you are correct the wind at Camp Atterbury is pretty sketchy and it was moving pretty good as you can see in the video. I had between 9 and 10 minutes of right wind dialed in which as it turned out was pretty close. The SD on the load that I used consistently runs 4-6 fps. In 2001 both of my hands were crushed in an industrial accident and all the fingers on my left hand and two of the fingers on my right with the exception of my thumbs were crushed or amputated, so the trigger finger I use on my left hand is actually pieces of my ring finger that they salvaged to create an index finger. That is where the nickname of 7fingers came from. The NRA/ELR National Match is a great event and I look forward to being there again next year!

we've all had bad days. Many times I've said things that I shouldn't have. Thankfully it hasn't been permanent damage. I wasn't there and did not read those words. Permanent delete just dosent feel right to me. A wealth of knowledge just gone. Maybe a few more folks just headed to the hide for info
Well it was "By thine own hands".
Unfortunate but that's what it reminded me of, something that would be posted repeatedly on the hide. Why I don't participate over there. Don't get me wrong it isn't anything I do not hear all the live long day, not with the guys I work with. It's just continuous trash talk that I admit to partake in, but wouldn't do that to a man in his own house. At least not in front of his kids.:D

Let me state, I have a hot temper and a mighty short fuse. Yet, the few times I was moved to rant and rave, here, by the time my fingers got to the end of the first few words, I thought better of my choices. There is no need to talk trash here, it serves no purpose. Speaking for myself, if I don't care for a post, I ignore it. Simple.

Let me state, I have a hot temper and a mighty short fuse. Yet, the few times I was moved to rant and rave, here, by the time my fingers got to the end of the first few words, I thought better of my choices. There is no need to talk trash here, it serves no purpose. Speaking for myself, if I don't care for a post, I ignore it. Simple.
I have done the same, if I take the time to re read my post, I always reword it or delete it. Back when I drank, well that was different. I would puke insults and nasty post. Looking back with a sober mind, it revealed how much alcohol changed me. It's not just here, but every aspect of my life. I still get snappy, but I at least have a filter now.

I have owned my share of full custom rifles and have achieved excellent performance from them. While my factory rifles may have lacked "snob" appeal and the niceties, I have examples that have equaled, or even surpassed the performance of my customs. Having competed in the various precision rifle shooting sports for many years, as has been demonstrated by Randy, one quickly learns that to discount the shooter with the "factory" rifle...may be at your own peril!

The really crappy parts of most factory rifles are the stock and the trigger. He replaced those and I would have as well, but the only thing left to change out is the barrel after that haha. To me, if you are going to spend that kind of money, ya might as well get a nice bartlein or other reputable barrel makers barrel on their. But everyone has to ask themselves what it is worth to them to change out parts on a rifle.

I think it is pretty cool that he did what he did.

It always comes back to this: a perfect barrel/chamber, properly headspace, all screws tight. No need to "blueprint" a great action like the Savage 110. Save that money for stock, trigger, optics but mostly for time at the range.

It always comes back to this: a perfect barrel/chamber, properly headspace, all screws tight. No need to "blueprint" a great action like the Savage 110. Save that money for stock, trigger, optics but mostly for time at the range.
That's just not true, sorry but there is a lot of room to improve the Savage action. My BR gun is a Savage and I've built more than a few ELR guns on them and there is a lot of room to improve them.