New ELR world record set with a factory Savage 338 lapua!

it got rona'd like the 300 yard .22 thread in this forum section! By the same guy too!😂

At this point we all need to get it so we get immunity and can stop giving a crap. Then go back to shooting.
He's just lacks social skills, did you see his scope thread and cheek weld thread. No Couth
I just click ignore and I'm much happier.

yes, for 3 years they have been shooting and proving that it aint easy to put FIVE on the target at 2000.
2 classes, big and heavy and not so big and heavy, bench or prone.
purpose built rifles. go look at the results( in the link on the thread)
sighters are visual impact only, no spotter on a target.
i suppose anyone can claim an event and declare a world record.

how many shooters participated in the three shot event ??
equipment list ?
It's a couple threads down in this forum. https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/2000-yard-match-report.244468/unread

i am glad to see we feel the same about each other.
no one answered my questions, how many participants, how many years , how often, prior record ??
perspective

He's just lacks social skills, did you see his scope thread and cheek weld thread. No Couth
I just click ignore and I'm much happier.

just to be clear "factory rifle" is a term, not a FACT.
" Wise was shooting a Savage Arms rifle, chambered in .338 Lapua with the stock 26-inch, 1:9-inch barrel, Accurate Rifle Systems chassis, Rempel bipod and Rifle Basix trigger. "
$1500 CHASSIS
$400 BIPOD
sorta like saying nascar is a "stock" car race
and since NO ONE SHOT AT 2000 PLUS IN THE 2 PRIOR YEARS....it is a record....

Last edited:
If I had to give a good honest guess without looking up a bunch of info.

I would say there were around 28 shooters that event at Camp Atterbury
This event forces the shooter to fire only 3 rounds at a target that exceeds that last achievement n distance.
This was done first thing both days prior to any rounds fired at the course.

You have no practice or sighter rounds you have no way of firing a few rounds to warm up your barrel as some F-class shooters are used to.

You had no one giving you as the shooter any impact or miss info

You had only three rounds to shoot and all three have to impact in order to take honors of the new distance.

If this is attempted multiple days at a event the target is not shot at or used during the course of fire during the day eliminating any one practicing or trying to zero their gun on that target.

This is about the standard procedure used when the challenge is ran at different events that are taking place in the country.

I give anyone the acknowledgment in success of placing your first three bullets on a target without any help from your crew, its all good fun and a challenge to most folks. Some might think differently but they also find their ways of having a good time. Also note with the restrictions and guidelines this holds more water when it comes to a record versus all the claims good and bad on the internet.

I am osoh
JH

wow....three shots in 30 inches
try 5 shots, try a real groups/score target
three shots is a "record"
sorry not impressed
i'll go away now
You seem to lack any tolerance for a shooting competition that you are not involved in. Why is that?
I see in another post you mentioned the 2K match is getting smaller with less participants each year. Fact, if you were the sole ambassador for that shoot, most of us would understand why.
Different style shoot, different rules.
If this "World Record" stigma would disappear, life would be easier.
I recall on SH, a top ELR shooter hit a 48" plate at 6200 yards a couple yrs back, the complaint was it took too many shots. Too many shots for what, to break ground, pioneer a path? I was lost on the bickering, guy hit .8moa plate at over 6K yards, give kudos and retreat back in the bubble.
I am sorry here, but your attitude is a disgrace to ALL shooters.