ELR CENTRAL WORLD RECORD EVENT

I'm just amazed at the gentleman with the SWFA fixed scope and a hunting rifle making a 1500 yard cold bore shot and then two more consecutively. Must have been a awesome sight seeing that rifle next to some rifles that cost as much as my truck.

Yup!! That guy knows his rifle well!!

Just think, he didn't even need prototype bullets that are unavailable to anyone else to do it either!!!

I noticed one very important factor in all these ELR events, and the Applied Ballistic team. Cutting Edge bullets are setting these records.(more times than not) Taking note where some of these shooters paychecks come from.

I spoke with one of the shooters, he stated the morning winds were 5-7 and afternoon was 12-18. Kind of surprised more of the cheytac based cartridges didn't have at least 2/3 impacts in the morning. Can anyone elaborate more on the conditions?

I was there (shot on the 2nd relay). Based on the location of the firing point, there was a ridge jutting out to our left - the direction the wind was mostly coming from (for the most part). The ridge reduced the wind felt on the line itself, but if you read the mirage you noticed it was indicating a wind higher than that reflected in your wind meter.

I screwed myself (the world is hard, its harder if you are stupid) by not taking windage off the rifle from the day before and wrestled with the rifle the first relay.

The second relay had higher winds but results from a bunch of shooters were better.

Jeffvn

Lol, hate when that happens! It definitely wakes/scares the crap out of me when forget about the previous wind dialed in!!

John Armstrong sure seems like a great guy! Would have thought he would get more attention than he has.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.