First ELR Central Long Range Record Match champion is Nate Statler

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

"First ELR Central Long Range Record Match" new record holder and match champion is:

1. Nate Statler 3 consecutive shots from cold bore at 1768 yards
2. Paul Phillips with the first 3 consecutive shots from cold bore at 1500 yards
2. John Armstrong tied with Paul Phillips with 3 consecutive shots from cold bore at 1500 yards.

Note: Paul is listed before John solely based on his string preceding Johns.

Incredible accomplishments by these participants and all who attended the match either as competitors, spectators or match officials.

I would like to thank ELR Central for holding this event.
Front Site Firearms Training Institute for hosting the event at their location (I am a Front Site Life Member).
Pahrump, Nevada residents, municipalities and businesses for the welcome they gave the event participants.

and

I had nothing to do with the event. Just happy it was held.

IMG_3482.PNG
The Record is 2011 yards
375 Cheytac using Warner Tool Flat Line Bullets

Nate hit 3 for 3 at 1768 in the morning event and was the only shooter to go 3 for 3 in the afternoon in which he extended his record to 2011 yards.

From FaceBook

David Tubb
14 hrs
Congratulations to my son-in-law, Nate; today He won the ELR Central World Record competition. This competition allows two separate attempts (spaced 4 hours apart) and consists of 3 (cold bore )shots each time. He took 3 shots and had 3 hits at 1768 yards in the morning and then beat his own record in the afternoon with 3 shots and 3 hits at 2011 yds after the wind had become trickier. Target size is 36in x 36in.
Nate uses the new Tubb Adaptive Target Rifle (Tubb gun) with a Dynamic Targeting Reticle and Tubb T7T two stage trigger. He is shooting a .375 Cheytac with a 364gr Warner flatline bullet that has a patent pending Nose Ring modification in a Schneider 7 twist barrel.
More to follow.

I was there; the conditions were sneaky bad in the morning and nasty in the afternoon (changing velocities and direction frequently). Nate was the only shooter to go 3 for 3 in the morning (1,768 yards) and 3 for 3 in the afternoon (2011 yards). John and Paul both got their hits @ 1,500 in the morning session. Paul got his first (he was on an earlier relay), John got his not long after that. There were 5 or 6 relays I can't recall.

I shoot with John Armstrong at least once a month, almost weekly in the warmer months. John hunts p. dogs in one of the Dakotas every year w/ his 6 Dasher, and shoots that little dude at 1,900 yards regularly in the desert. John shot his STW because he just cooked his .338 Edge barrel about 6 weeks ago. Next year he plans on bring his bigger rifle.

Someone questioned the format. It was pretty straight forward. The shooter picked the target he shot in the morning - 3 rounds in 3 minutes (6 to choose from ranging from 1,500 yards to 2,500+/-) and which target he shot in the afternoon. Roughly 4 hours between trips to the firing line.

Jeffvn

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.