2 ELR world Records broken in a few days !

So if I load up 100 rounds and rapid fire them at a target 5100 yards away, and one of them happens to hit the target, do I get credit for a "world record"?

These escapades are meaningless unless there are defined rules about what constitutes a hit. The 5000 yard shot appears to have taken 37 shots to connect. I see little impressive there. Now give someone a MOA or 2 MOA target and 3 shots to connect, and I start to care.

40" Target at 2.84 miles is impressive in my book, even at 37 rounds. That guy put my 264 together a few years back, good work!

So if I load up 100 rounds and rapid fire them at a target 5100 yards away, and one of them happens to hit the target, do I get credit for a "world record"?

These escapades are meaningless unless there are defined rules about what constitutes a hit. The 5000 yard shot appears to have taken 37 shots to connect. I see little impressive there. Now give someone a MOA or 2 MOA target and 3 shots to connect, and I start to care.
If it is all 'peanuts' hop in and put the WR in your name

If you can do it in 36 rounds you got it !

I do agree there needs to be a governing body and set of rules for records to be set. If the hit is all that counts a guy just needs a rifle capable of launching a bullet that far and lots of ammo. However this guy is the first to hit a target that far I guess, which is pretty cool.

Who's record is it? NRA? BLM? PETA? CIA? Guinness? Anti-Fa? SCI? LRH?

Can I go shoot a 10/22 at a mile, eventually make a hit and call it a "record"?

He probably is he first guy to hit a target that far...probably the first guy to try...hence the "record"... ;)

Next we'll start seeing "records" pop up for hits on big game animals and every yahoo on the 'net will be trying to break it...lots of wounded animals will be running around in the near future.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.