New Calipers.

6.5x300 WBY

Well I guess I can say that I got a pretty good caliper. Hope I won't need a new set for awhile. My old RCBS 15 years old just kept drifting and added frustration getting exact CBTO with my loads. So Amazon to the rescue.

Hope I can trust these with their accuracy. These things feel like Uber quality. Wowzers

Attachments

• 20240229_152053.jpg
    20240229_152053.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 219
I too just jumped on the Mitu calipers. What caused this, is I just built a 22br, .250 neck. So I had to have a seated bullet to be .2485 ish, and with the *** caliper I was using, I wasn't turning my necks correctly. Upon purchasing a great caliper, my numbers now are dependable, repeatable, and accurate. I got by with lesser quality, when case wall thickness, and loaded outside diameter wasn't as much of an issue. It's fun, and educational in some ways, but a pain, in others. Good money spent overall.😄

We use all Mitutoyo and Starrett measuring devices for Lathe & Mill work (and reloading).
We use a Mitutoyo 500-196-30 for our Mill & Lathe work.

We also have a Quinn ($50) and compared it to the Mitutoyo ($107) and had the same measurements. We have this Quinn on our reloading bench so have dedicated calibers for different operations. Found a Mitutoyo at a really good price. See links. Amazon is $125 + Tax.

Last edited:
We use all Mitutoyo and Starrett measuring devices for Lathe & Mill work (and reloading).
We use a Mitutoyo 500-196-30 for our Mill & Lathe work.

We also have a Quinn ($50) and compared it to the Mitutoyo ($107) and had the same measurements. We have this Quinn on our reloading bench so have dedicated calibers for different operations. Found a Mitutoyo at a really good price. See links. Amazon is $125 + Tax.

im kinda similar
i was going through reviews of the "best" and then best "budget" calipers
came across clockwise. was high in the list and good amazon reviews - as much as you can trust those.
but they feel and work really good. i was impressed from the moment i opened them up. they also come with a cert of calibration

Last edited: