New Calipers.

As a machinist for over 40 years I like Brown & Sharp much better than Mitayoyo. and I like dial better than digital The ones with the black dial face I have a set that are 35 years old and they still work fine!
We had them both when I worked in a machine shop in the 1980s; we also have a few German made that I cannot remember the brand. Our CEO's father was a retired German metallurgist, and he gave his WWII tools to the company for us to use.

You might not like this message….to me, good calipers are the result of having 1-3 good "stds" to measure. Then you can buy $2-$2000 calipers and judge their effectiveness by what they actually measure. These "stds" are pretty cheap often.

@6.5x300 WBY enjoy your investment; I am sure it is going to serve you well for many years to come. There is no need to complicate it unnecessarily. At the end of the day a caliper is designed to measure tolerances in +/- .xxx (.001") and micrometer +/- .xxxx (.0001"). Cheers!
Yeah as long as the digital readout don't keep changing on its own. Lol I have used these new calipers and this is what a fine instrument is supposed to be.

As a retired machinist, I have used Brown & Sharpe dial calipers exclusively. I do have a set of digital that I use on my loading bench for measuring BTO length of loaded rounds. I learned a little trick many years ago from an old toolmaker, to check calipers for wear. Close your caliper and hold it up to a light, if you can see light between the jaws you tool is worn out and should be replaced. The thin tips will wear pretty quickly if used a lot.