New Bill Criminalizing Private Gun Sales

Just remember, they have 2 years to TRY their agenda, then we can vote another group of them out again. We had a huge number of cowards retire this last nov because of their egos and fear of being voted out. Good riddance and a good house cleaning. Still lost less seats than Obama did without mass Dem "retirements". The RINOs NEED to be voted out, term limits being put forth by Ted Cruz need to be supported. Seceeding isn't the solution, overwhelming legal pressure to MAKE them comply with the law and Constitution are what's needed. We need to take everything that's a violation of our rights/constitution to court with lawsuits like the left does. With a better Supreme Court we have now, I think many wrongs can be righted. Also financial pressure, like pulling funds, not spending money in or with Kalyphornya anything. Like Barret did when they banned 50bmg (having NEVER been used in a crime). He refused to support ANY further Kalyphornya govt/LE sales or repair...and made the superior .416BARRET to give the ******* politicians a middle finger!!! If you choke off their money enough (and actually prosecute Cali politicians breaking the law) , they will comply with the law. We work for a living and don't have thousands of bribery irgs like the left, but WE need to be alot more forceful getting politicians bribed to vote OUR WAY and put our money where our mouths are. Logic, reason and common sense arguments will get us nowhere with half the country being the three monkeys and even when presented with the FACTS still REFUSE to THINK about them because they have zero intelligence and run on pure mob indoctrinated emotion and just keep suckling the Kool-aid. Remember, 49.9% of every single person you hear, see , or read everyday are BELOW average intelligence...
Just my thoughts.

Muddrunner2005 , as usual, has some sage advise and insights. Calling, contacting your Reps and Senators is important to keeping the 2nd amend. I knew the idiot Dems in the House were going to start gun control bills. But to think the Senate will veto them, I don't know anymore. They are all about power, and negotiations could go bad for us.

Need some Washingtonion to confirm this but I was told by a relative living there that they passed a bill that required all private gun sales to be through an FFL a few years ago. Not sure if its specific to any weapon type or not.
Yes - Washington passed such legislation two years ago. Most of the rural county Sheriffs vowed they would not enforce it, and it's believed that the law is pretty much ignored everywhere else. Just as the new initiative that passed last fall, which requires extra background checks, waiting periods, training and no sales to under 21 for ANY semi-automatic rifle, which are now all defined as "assault weapons." That law will be ignored as well.

@ middleofnowhere, being that the very liberal cities in SoCal control the whole state it sounds like NorCal needs to think about seceding and becoming their own state.
Sooner rather than later, I might add.
Bay area is just as bad. The further away you get from the coast the more conservative it gets in california. Unfortunately the majority of the population lives on the coast.

Bay area is just as bad. The further away you get from the coast the more conservative it gets in california. Unfortunately the majority of the population lives on the coast.
And the earth will shake, and the tides I pray, will surely rise.

On another note:
I am neither a Republican or a Demo.
I too far past that at this point in time. Have no agenda to part of the liar's club.
Its gonna get worse afore it gets worser kids.:cool:

I'm thinking it'll be the cities slickers vs the country folk this time around. The problem I see is too many of them are moving to the country and insisting we do things like they did in the cities!

Sorry, OP, didn't mean to derail a good thread. It's my belief that Democrat or Republican, they put their own selfish agenda ahead of what is best for the Country as a whole.

Hopefully we can get enough people to send levelheaded correspondence to their Representatives and get this thing shot down!
No need to apologize for derailment. At least as far as I can view it.
The Builderburgers and all the bla blas control the world.

I've read it here, on this forum. But the Zombies aren't gonna be walking weird. They will be in SUVs, try to get the heck away from everything they voted for. Wyoming is full of said Democratic B.S. that didn't work wearever in Gods universe they came from. They only slowly keep trying the same agendas that have already failed.
Media and our tender tender lil hearts(our=nation) will be the demise of a lot of good things.
We will most likely be vote ourselves out of all our freedoms because as a nation, we won't be able to handle one more desensitizing incident.
What 3 sides is everyone one, anyhow!!!

@ middleofnowhere, being that the very liberal cities in SoCal control the whole state it sounds like NorCal needs to think about seceding and becoming their own state.
Sooner rather than later, I might add.

My congressional district in SoCal is one of the most conservative in the nation. We had two Republicans running for Congress. No democrat could reach the threshhold to get on the 2018 ballot.

And the earth will shake, and the tides I pray, will surely rise.

On another note:
I am neither a Republican or a Demo.
I too far past that at this point in time. Have no agenda to part of the liar's club.
Its gonna get worse afore it gets worser kids.:cool:
Could not agree more about the earth shaking and tides raising part. Hope Fein-Swine is there when it does.

Oregon passed a bill making private sales illegal....about three years ago i believe.....
With life so short @nd the inter web available, it's better to be more accurate
https://lawcenter.giffords.org/private-sales-in-oregon/
Now I have no idea of what has happened since 2015, but I'd trust a random search on the web to anything anyone posts here, there, or anywhere. I do not like green eggs ham.o_O

Need some Washingtonion to confirm this but I was told by a relative living there that they passed a bill that required all private gun sales to be through an FFL a few years ago. Not sure if its specific to any weapon type or not.
This is true. Remember that laws are not ignored once on the books the local county prosecutor decides what they will enforce via money and public pressure. All prosecutors are elected sooooo.

Washington has already had a case in Island county for a firearm that a criminal now got from a friend and the friend was tried under the new law. A county Prosecutor can only ignore it for so long until it is staring them in the face. And if it is appealed and goes through the Appellate courts that will be become the standard that judges will look at.

If you really want to know how a law will be ruled on look at cases in your state in the Appellate courts. Those rulings are the interpretation of that law.

I moved out of California 30 years ago because paying my tax money to support their politics hurt too badly. I settled in eastern Washington 10 years ago as I neared retirement. Washington is definitely on the down hill slide in terms of gun restrictions that will do nothing to curb crime and violence. Will the local population and LEO might not support it, there isn't much that can be done when the liberal voters and judges in the western side of the state control things. Oregon is pretty much heading the same path as they are controlled by the large population centers in the Willamette valley and how they vote. From what I have read, Boise is just starting to influence Idaho politics in a similar fashion.
Back to the OP's suggestion, we/you should contact your elected officials and let them know your opinions and be active in voting and the political processes. When businesses take an anti-gun position and enter the political arena, quit patronizing them and let them know why. Long term, I think getting younger people involved in hunting, shooting and other outdoor sports is probably an even better idea. If you are a baby boomer like me, then demographics are going to beginning to work against us, especially if we become complacent at the polls.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.