New barrel for a 7mm Weatherby

Krieger will make one the same contour but it will be made from chromoly, unless your barrel is bigger than I think it is.

I know this was lightly covered but if you run weatherby ammo its very important to run the weatherby configured reamer. But because the 7mm weatherby is a smaller 7mm you may be better to run a bigger 7mm and then be able to load up to the desired FPS w/o worrying about pressure popping up. And here's my plug for the 7mm Dakota :D but its a awesome round and will fit in your action, plus be able to push the bigger bullets with easier.
Just a thought..
Chris
Benchmark Barrels

I know this was lightly covered but if you run weatherby ammo its very important to run the weatherby configured reamer. But because the 7mm weatherby is a smaller 7mm you may be better to run a bigger 7mm and then be able to load up to the desired FPS w/o worrying about pressure popping up. And here's my plug for the 7mm Dakota :D but its a awesome round and will fit in your action, plus be able to push the bigger bullets with easier.
Just a thought..
Chris
Benchmark Barrels
Hi Chris,

I have a question. This is an honest question.

The Dakota uses proprietary dimension cases. A Nosler can be made from any RUM brass.

Why choose a Dakota over a Nosler?

Dakota brass is its own animal and can't be easily formed, and as you stated the 28 Nosler can be made, but that is alot of forming and RUM brass can be a PITA to find in the current rifle component quagmire.
Dakota charges $180 per 100 pieces and they have a bunch available.
Chris
Benchmark

$1.80 isn't so bad.

Oh yeah, forming RUM can be physical.

We've made it obvious for to OP that there are OMG number of options.

Oh, did anyone mention that the OP would probably do very well with a benchmark barrel? Do you do wby#2 or Accumark profile?

I would go stainless/fluted #3 Accumark profile, if it were my main hunting rifle. 26" long, rigid, yet light enough to tote around. But I would definitely go with an aftermarket barrel, like a Benchmark or Bartlein, instead of a junky factory Criterion.

$1.80 isn't so bad.

Oh yeah, forming RUM can be physical.

We've made it obvious for to OP that there are OMG number of options.

Oh, did anyone mention that the OP would probably do very well with a benchmark barrel? Do you do wby#2 or Accumark profile?

Yes we do factory Weatherby contours :D
Chris
Benchmark

After the latest cleaning and borescoping of my 30+ year old Weatherby, I believe that I am in the market for a new barrel. I can't decide whether to have a Weatherby barrel put on it or an aftermarket brand. Will the aftermarket brands have the same free bore as the stock barrel? Is that an option that you can get with them? Or can the free bore be eliminated? I know that it is there in the factory barrels for the extra pressure that Weatherby cartridges generate. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, GW.

Morning, I built a 7mmwbee. used a west german action,
timney trigger, H&S tactical stock, coating sniper grey.
hart SS barrel-light palma barrel 28". now as
mentioned by many replies if u stay with the factory
contour barrel get a SS +28", yes weatherby free bore.
in a factory twist for some reason 140-150gr. bullets
shoot best. I shoot the barnes TSX 150gr.
justme gbot tum

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.