New Antelope rifle arrived today !

tomsd

257 WB MK V Swaro 3-18x50 I do like pretty wood !

View attachment 193355
Stunningly good looking rifle. I can remember - waaaay back in my early Deer hunting days in Oregon - in the 50's - and the .257 Roberts had a real following. This on Steroids - and so beautiful I would hesitate to take it into the woods. :)

tomsd

Wow - anything from 100 grain to 120 grain can pretty much be zeroed at 300 to even 350 yards.

Even a little 80 grain - screams out at what 3,700 fps - and I remember years ago - hearing this was Roy Weatherby's favorite. He even killed a Cape Buffalo with it - but not recommended for Dangerous game or going Big on hooves - such as Elk - but as always: A properly placed bullet will usually do the job.
.257 Weatherby Magnum - Wikipedia

tomsd

OOPS - looked at the chart again - that little 80 grain SCREAMS out at almost 3,900 fps. WOW.

I am going to have to check the charts for my .300 Win Mag in a Mark V. Should be around what - 3,400 fps for a 100 grain?

Buzzsaw

well, since this thread was started, I went wood crazy. i bought a Beautifully stocked ,winchester M70 Super Grade 7mm magnum. SOLD IT, bug just wouldn't leave me alone. I then came across an exquisitely stocked SAKO M85 Classic in .300 Win Mag. while shopping Bergara Pro series rifles.

I bought it. Now have my "Nilgai" Rifle.

Winchester M70

SAKO

RAGGED EDGE

OOPS - looked at the chart again - that little 80 grain SCREAMS out at almost 3,900 fps. WOW.

I am going to have to check the charts for my .300 Win Mag in a Mark V. Should be around what - 3,400 fps for a 100 grain?
You can probably get 3700 with a 100-grain TTSX and one of the new Reloaders. Who could ask for more?

RYEWSKY25284

LRH Team Member
well, since this thread was started, I went wood crazy. i bought a Beautifully stocked ,winchester M70 Super Grade 7mm magnum. SOLD IT, bug just wouldn't leave me alone. I then came across an exquisitely stocked SAKO M85 Classic in .300 Win Mag. while shopping Bergara Pro series rifles.

I bought it. Now have my "Nilgai" Rifle.

Winchester M70

SAKO

It's so PRIIIITY.. :)

OG10

Wow all three of those are beautifulI, would be afraid for them to go out in the woods, they are just that pretty. Congratulations and enjoy them all.

Litehiker

These beautiful, highly figured wood stocks make me envious. My Browning X-bolt Pro has a pretty carbon fiber weave stock but it can never compare to a good wood stock in beauty.
Buzz Saw's M 70 tock is my "ideal" stock complete with classic cheekpiece and London finish.

That Weatherby of the OP is very classic Weatherby with Monte Carlo cheekpiece and angled fore end cap with white line spacer.

antelopedundee

Nice rifle but Too pretty to crawl through the cactus and the rocks for a speed goat.

That's what the good Lord and gunsmiths made Plain Janes for!

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.