New Allen Mag in the works....

Kirby you are 110% correct!
Richard makes a **** fine bullet and as you have stated without great bullets for such extreme performance your rifles would be almost useless.
I know he reads here some so I too will say thanks to you Richard for such fine craftsmanship on your bullets that make the equation complete with the Allen, Graves Magnums! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You and Richard keep dreaming up the envelope pushing rounds and I'm sure there will be plenty of folks in line waiting for them!
I know I am!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fiftydriver,
My friend, your advice is right on the money. I just want to say that I have read for hours the work of you three and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I am sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.
As of right now I would not be able to get away with my desires, but we never know what tomorrow holds!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'm going to have to follow 7RUMloader's example... work a lot of overtime!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This should get some attention. Just got a shipment of Wildcat Bullets in and had these little jems included in the shippment. Only thing I could think of was "SWEET!!!"

303783.jpg

On the left is the 140 gr 7mm Accubond, the .224" 100 gr ULD RBBT in the middle and the 160 gr 7mm Accubond on the right.

Ever seen a 22 cal bullet that was as long as a tipped 140 gr 7mm bullet???!!!!

And on top of this, there is a 107 gr ULD RBBT version coming as well!

Just wanted to let you guys see these little jems. Here is an even better comparision to give you an accurate idea of the stature of this bullet compared to standard upper BC 224 bullets.

303784.jpg

On the left is the 224 55 gr Blitzking which has one of the highest BC values for a conventional 224 bullet. On the right is a Berger 80 gr VLD which has one of the highest BC values for a VLD 224 bullet. The one in the middle is the 100 gr ULD RBBT!!! I think a picture is worth far more then a 1000 words!

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

**** it!! Now I have a 7mm AM AND a .22 AM on my want list. I'll have to get my wife to start picking up some extra shifts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif!!

Well now we have a problem Kirby,

I don't know how it is in Montana but in Oklahoma you can't use a hypodermic needle to hunt with!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is a mean looking little sucker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

The best thing is that this bullet is built using a heavy 6mm jacket that has been reduced to 224. This offers a much stouter jacket for use on heavier game.

On the flip side, it offers much more controled expansion on lighter game such as yotes so help control pelt damage. Only problem is that the extreme BC of this bullet will keep retained velocities up very high even at long range so pelt damage from secondary projectiles after impact may still produce significant damage.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Overbore? Barrelburner? Maybe not, depends on how you load it, actually it reminds me of the 220 Howell. It's a shortened 30-06 case necked to .224 with a .400 long neck. IIRC it has a water capacity of 62 gr and it's designed for the 75 gr AMAX using really slow powders. It's purpose was to shoot cooler, lower pressure loads so you could sit in a varmint field and not burn up your barrel. But it still out performed the 220 Swift.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.