New 7mm Mag SAKO Hunt

benwking

:)Hello all this is my first post...Wanted to tell you all about my hunt in the Georgia mountains...Early November I traded a guy a Rem 700 sniper rig that I built for a 7mm Mag Sako. As soon as I picked the weapon up and worked the action I new this was going to be my new hunting rifle...Well late Friday night I was setting on the side of my brother-in-laws mountain in Manchester ga. and I saw a nice 8 pt step out of some thick brush, the buck was down hill at 235 yds according to my rangefinder, I looked at the BDC chart on the side of the Sako adjusted the Nikon Monarch Scope accordingly and put the dot on the back of his head, squeezed the 3lb trigger and dropped him right there...That was freakin sweet.

The next day I dropped 3 does at 180yds (all head shots) within 15 minutes of each other...a good weekend...

No...shot this in December 2012...and yes I do have nuissance tags for lincoln county...thanks for your concern though... lightbulb:)

Just checkin man....I was fixing to say, that's not a smart thing to announce on a public forum. LOL

Glad you like your 7Mag....It's one of my favorite calibers, too. I have a Browning A-Bolt II 7Mag and an old Ruger 77 tang safety 7Mag.

Ben - sakos are nice. continue to enjoy . way to save meat loss with that fine shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.