need help on 20 moa base and rings

Newbweatherby

Iam trying to find a decent a 20moa base for my Remington 700 .300 rum ,which I imagine would have to be steel not aluminum and 30mm rings.It will be my 1st time trying a 1 piece mount .I'd like to keep the base under 125.00 $ if possible and 75.00 $max for rings .
thanks all in advance

EGW bases are aluminum but they are good.
Mounting Solutions Plus sells them for $35...free shipping...they had a promo going where you could get 10% off, but I'm not sure they still have that going on.

I use Vortex 6 screw rings $19.00 each (you will need to order 2) on amazon...

I've not had any issues with this system...getting ready to install a 20MOA on my Savage 300wsm. I plan to bed/epoxy the base to the receiver.

I use my rifles for 600yds and less so I feel I don't need to mortgage the house buying bases and rings.

If you have deep pockets the sky is the limit on how much you can spend. They will be along to get you up to speed on the premium stuff!

I have some Burris zero rings on my 300wby, I would recommend those. They've held the zero and aren't very expensive. Any decent rail should work...as long as it not some strange Chinese thing off eBay lol.

mmm
EGW bases are aluminum but they are good.
Mounting Solutions Plus sells them for $35...free shipping...they had a promo going where you could get 10% off, but I'm not sure they still have that going on.

I use Vortex 6 screw rings $19.00 each (you will need to order 2) on amazon...

I've not had any issues with this system...getting ready to install a 20MOA on my Savage 300wsm. I plan to bed/epoxy the base to the receiver.

I use my rifles for 600yds and less so I feel I don't need to mortgage the house buying bases and rings.

If you have deep pockets the sky is the limit on how much you can spend. They will be along to get you up to speed on the premium stuff!
I have some Burris zero rings on my 300wby, I would recommend those. They've held the zero and aren't very expensive. Any decent rail should work...as long as it not some strange Chinese thing off eBay lol.[/QUOTE
okay thanks but do you believe that aluminum they will hold up to a remington ultra mag?I tried 70705-T6 rings on my old Weatherby cracked after a dozen rounds or so.

thanks sorry my phone is acting up,but do you believe aluminum, can hold up to the recoil of tge ultramag?I remember trying some aluminum 7075-t6 aluminum rings and the rear one cracked after a dozen rounds or so.

Last edited:
If u want steel I believe mdt makes a steel rail for 50$ Canadian. It would be high quality but I wouldn't be afraid of an egw rail

thanks sorry my phone is acting up,but do you believe aluminum, can hold up to the recoil of tge ultramag?I remember trying some aluminum 7075-t6 aluminum rings and the rear one cracked after a dozen rounds or so.

There's nothing wrong with an aluminum rail, it's plenty strong. I prefer aluminum for the weight savings. The screws are the weak point anyway.

If steel makes you feel better then by all means buy a steel rail, but aluminum is plenty strong.

There's nothing wrong with an aluminum rail, it's plenty strong. I prefer aluminum for the weight savings. The screws are the weak point anyway.

If steel makes you feel better then by all means buy a steel rail, but aluminum is plenty strong.
hmm Iam hearing what everyone is saying, i thougjt for sure i said aluminum I would get a butt chewing for thinking about it .It opens a lot more affordable options so what abput 30mm rings?Aluminum as well being that the steel rings may gouge the aluminum ?

2017-12-20 22.36.18.jpg

If you break these rings with recoil I'm not sure I want any part of that rifle...above is the Vortex rings and the EGW base.

Iam trying to find a decent a 20moa base for my Remington 700 .300 rum ,which I imagine would have to be steel not aluminum and 30mm rings.It will be my 1st time trying a 1 piece mount .I'd like to keep the base under 125.00 $ if possible and 75.00 $max for rings .
thanks all in advance
Why would you assume steel? I've been running 7075 T-6 aluminum EGM HD bases for years, with no issues. I've even dropped a few rifles, and after checking my square, no issues.

A quality base, is a quality base. Regardless of what material it's made from...

http://www.egwguns.com/hd-rifle-scope-mounts/

I also use Seekins Precision rings, also 7076 T-6 aluminum... They're about as strong as you can get.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/parts-and-accessories/scope-rings.html

I've had good luck with both EGW and Leupold Mark 4 one piece bases. Both fit within your budget. I think the Mark 4 is steel, EGW is aluminum. For rings, I like the Burris XTR - 6 screws each! I also like the Vortex precision matched pair rings, or whatever they're called- but that's because I'm weird and wanted my rings to match my scopes for the last two I did (razor hd gen 1 and viper pst gen 2). Vortex precision matched rings are pricey (for me, anyway) but they are quality- they're actually made by someone else (Seekins, I think).

jpfrog, yes, the high-end Vortex rings are made by Seekins. Oddly enough, the Vortex brand low rings are just slightly taller than the Seekins brand low rings. Vortex brand rings are .87" in height, and the Seekins brand rings are .82" in height. I guess they did that for marketing reasons so the Vortex rings would be just slightly different.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts