need help finding 20 MOA base for weatherby mark 5

Hey guys,
I am rather computer-dumb and haven't found a thread related to this topic which answers my question.
I got tired of an over-powered Burris on my 30/378 Mark V and saved up for another scope. I bought a 20 moa base for it, however I am forced to hold a bit low for closer shots as my scope has no mroe movement in that direction.
Simple question, with your 20 moa mounts, is this a typical issue?
Thanks guys

I wouldn't say typical , but certainly possible if the tolerences between your mounts , action , and barrel stack up not in your favor and your scope does not have much elevation travel

alot of the better scopes have 70 MOA of elevation travel or more and one of those would likely cure your problem

as far as a good rail for a Mark V , I went with a Farrel G-Force ...it is a tank of a base and nicely made..... and I like the way the recoil lug is set up.........a bit heavy and tall as mentioned but I think worth it for one of the big boomers

+1 for the near bases but they are not for the faint of wallet just recently tried a couple made by Murphy precision they are are very well made base almost identical to the near but they don't have the recoil lug

I have had good success with Talley Mark V 20 MOA picatinny rail bases. I have them on a 300 and a 30-378 "B". I didn't have to burn my wallet either. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.